Sully: Multifamily Development At 1609 Ennis St.

HoustonMidtown

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I remember hearing before that that entire large lot (between 45 and Leeland) was going to be townhomes. In theory, it would be great to have a mid rise apartment mixed into the area. I guess we will have to wait and see the renderings and cross our fingers for GFR. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I remember hearing before that that entire large lot (between 45 and Leeland) was going to be townhomes. In theory, it would be great to have a mid rise apartment mixed into the area. I guess we will have to wait and see the renderings and cross our fingers for GFR. 

That was the plan a few years ago...

Edited by HoustonMidtown
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, Sanjorade said:

This has to be a new build. There is nothing there right now. 

Thats what I thought, I recently rode by that area and didn't recall seeing anything. All sides of Google Street view show nothing there.

HCAD shows a future neighborhood with multiple lots and all owned by TB Ennis.

1hinsg0.png

M4CncAd.png

21 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Thats what I thought, I recently rode by that area and didn't recall seeing anything. All sides of Google Street view show nothing there.

HCAD shows a future neighborhood with multiple lots and all owned by TB Ennis.

1hinsg0.png

M4CncAd.png

This may be old. I believe that project fell through a few years ago.

• The title was changed to Sully Multifamily By Toll Brothers - 1609 Ennis St.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This would be a huge upgrade for that parcel. 

Possibly unrelated, but I noticed today that there seem to be a lot of saplings (most or all looked like live oaks to my inexpert eye) planted in rows in the adjacent lot that abuts Velasco/CTRT - do you think those will be used for this project?

23 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

This would be a huge upgrade for that parcel. 

Possibly unrelated, but I noticed today that there seem to be a lot of saplings (most or all looked like live oaks to my inexpert eye) planted in rows in the adjacent lot that abuts Velasco/CTRT - do you think those will be used for this project?

There is currently a business called Rain or Shine Landscaping located on the property on Velasco St. according to Google Maps but this property is supposed to be a Houston Housing and Development project called the Hay Center Campus sometime in the future.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/c48a167c25b34b91aab2aedd56636624?cover=false

xjdxSKV.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hindesky said:

There is currently a business called Rain or Shine Landscaping located on the property on Velasco St. according to Google Maps but this property is supposed to be a Houston Housing and Development project called the Hay Center Campus sometime in the future.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/c48a167c25b34b91aab2aedd56636624?cover=false

xjdxSKV.jpg

Oh cool! Is that slated for the whole rest of the block? 

Also, any info about the lot on the corner Clay and Velasco (across the street from EaDough? I saw a varience request sign there as well a little while back but couldn't find anything about it.

Would be really great to see trails like the CT (and MKT/HHB) get a bit of the Atlanta Beltline East treatment. (Recently experienced trailfront cafe life at Da Gama and am hooked)