Summer Street Storage - 3000 Summer St.

hindesky

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There was some discussion about this site when the concrete foundation was removed in Dec 2019:

I checked HCAD and it still shows ATOFINA CHEMICALS INC as the owner.  Amazingly the tax value of the 60,000 sq ft lot is $670K ($11 per sq ft).  The appraised value of a typical 5,000 sq ft lot in the neighborhood is about $240K ($48 per sq ft).  I guess the property owner doesn't have much of an incentive to unload it if the city makes it so cheap just to hold on to it.  

• The title was changed to Summer St. And Henderson St.
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hindesky said:

While looking at the Goree architect web site the "On the Boards" section had this.....I wonder if it could go here?

https://goree.com/our-work/?type=on-the-boards

i4243ZP.png

VH7mL4V.jpg

good find. However this looks like it’s going right in front of Arnes. More like 3000 Summer Street.

For a storage… I like it! There is a sign for Gulf Coast Commerical on site - indicating there will be something at the Arne’s site.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Avossos said:

good find. However this looks like it’s going right in front of Arnes. More like 3000 Summer Street.

For a storage… I like it! There is a sign for Gulf Coast Commerical on site - indicating there will be something at the Arne’s site.

You're right, those brick townhomes in the background match.

xnKsBtZ.jpg

• The title was changed to Summer Street Storage - 3000 Summer St.