Townhomes - 2616 Polk St.

that fireplace looks like a dead snow leopard. 

for townhome layouts, this one doesn't actually suck. having the living/dining/kitchen on the first floor makes so much sense compared to having 1 random BR on the first floor, then LR/DR/K on the second floor, followed by the 3rd floor with the main BR, and an 3rd BR. it needs a larger footprint for the common areas to be on the first floor with a garage and not feel cramped, which is probably why they are a premium price.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 8:46 AM, samagon said:

that fireplace looks like a dead snow leopard. 

for townhome layouts, this one doesn't actually suck. having the living/dining/kitchen on the first floor makes so much sense compared to having 1 random BR on the first floor, then LR/DR/K on the second floor, followed by the 3rd floor with the main BR, and an 3rd BR. it needs a larger footprint for the common areas to be on the first floor with a garage and not feel cramped, which is probably why they are a premium price.

Certainly my situation is not everyone's situation, but this townhome layout works perfectly for me. I'm able to rent out the first-floor bedroom, my roommate and I have privacy being separated by a floor, but can congregate in the middle when we're feeling social.

Edited by Andrew Ewert
  • Like 1

I like the floor plan, but I think the exterior would look much better styled like a brownstone LIKE ITS NEIGHBOR 

There was a development a block away that advertised “first floor living” and “large yards” that were also around $700k before COVID, but they were also nicer houses

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HoustonMidtown said:

So this one gets the prize for most expensive

$1.1 million

https://www.har.com/homedetail/3005-markel-dr-houston-tx-77003/13591910

Oh jeez.

7 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Does this look cheaply built? I can’t imagine spending 1.1 mil on this. Am I in the minority or is this nice?

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. Not sure I can remember a FAR like this. 4600 sq ft on a 1,788 sq ft lot!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 3:19 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Does this look cheaply built? I can’t imagine spending 1.1 mil on this. Am I in the minority or is this nice?

Yeah, it looks like someone slapped a bunch of marble on a plain Jane building hoping to create the illusion of 'luxury'.
But would you just look at that view!? (on second thought ... maybe not)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/1/2021 at 3:19 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

It's pretty awful. Well, really awful. All sharp edges - it feels like you will get cut, no matter which way you go. Fixtures are bad, colors are bad. Looks like no gas appliances in the kitchen, too. And, no vent hood, unless it's behind the stove, which isn't going to work that well. Overall, I give this one a blecch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Townhomes - 2616 Polk St.