3921 N Main St

IntheKnowHouston

3921 North Main in the Greater Heights was once the location of Tex-Mex and Mexican restaurant Spanish Flower.

Does anyone remember what other businesses operated here?

The property was on the market in 2017 and purchased shortly thereafter.

https://loopnet.com/Listing/3921-N-Main-St-Houston-TX/8788736/print

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

I saw this in the Houston Heights Foodie group on Facebook last week:

"There's a new bar & grill in the works for the Montie Beach neighborhood within the Greater Heights area.

The two-story building (and property) at 3921 N Main St will be converted into a food and beverage establishment named El Cucuy. It's located a few blocks from the Heights Place retail center housing Hughie's and gelato shop Dolce Neve.

El Cucuy, which has a location in New Orleans, is a restaurant from a former Houston food truck operator. [It's a] Mexican street food concept. Expect to see dishes like street tacos, tortas, Sonoran-style hot dogs, and elote."

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to 3921 N. Main St.
  • The title was changed to 3921 N Main St
  • 1 month later...

Has there been any visible renovations at 3921 North Main St? The property will be home to El Cucuy, a bar & grill concept from New Orleans.

El Cucuy is described as a restaurant, bar, and discotheque in their Instagram bio.

In an Instagram post from December, El Cucuy estimated an opening of summer or fall of 2022:

"Houston Heights Summer/Fall 2022. Antojitos Mexicanos style kitchen, outside cosmic cervecería patio, indoor agave high tide libations port, upstairs late night discotheque."

spacer.png
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYH6B6xF07U/

https://www.instagram.com/elcucuyhtown/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, twisterhunt said:

Unfortunately, not a thing appears to have been done. I remember seeing this post last year and being excited about the prospects of something new in the area / rehabbing this building, so I've kept an eye out every time I drive past...

Thanks. 

Who knows why it appears there hasn't been noticeable changes, but I hope it comes together soon. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 11:09 AM, twisterhunt said:

Looks like this project could finally be moving forward - from this week:

Screenshot_20230513_130732_Chrome.jpg

This is good news. It does appear permits related to renovation/construction for El Cucuy means this is moving forward. Looking at the plan review inspection report, the city approved plans for permitting in late April.

I wonder if renovations El Cucuy will be completed by spring 2024?

El Cucuy bills itself as a restaurant, bar, and discotheque. It's slated for 3921 N Main St in the Greater Heights area.

268dTs3.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, twisterhunt said:

On 7/31/2023 at 4:48 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

This is good news. It does appear permits related to renovation/construction for El Cucuy means this is moving forward. Looking at the plan review inspection report, the city approved plans for permitting in late April.

El Cucuy bills itself as a restaurant, bar, and discotheque. It's slated for 3921 N Main St in the Greater Heights area.

268dTs3.jpg

El Cucuy posted an update to its Instagram yesterday. Billed as a restaurant, bar, and discotheque, El Cucuy informed its followers renovations are moving along.

The bar & grill concept out of New Orleans is located at 3921 N Main St. Additionally, El Cucuy's updated Instagram bio states the team behind Houston's Dan Electros is also involved with this location.

The caption from the Instagram post:

Been awhile yall. After a very long, long permitting process, we finally have resumed construction. Stay up-to-date here on our progress as we try and get this beautiful restoration complete. Can’t wait to show y’all the final space!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwyOA2_yR_M/

oTBCeqC.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, twisterhunt said:

On 7/31/2023 at 4:48 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

268dTs3.jpg

Plumbing permit was pulled today for 3921 N Main St. 

Located on the property is El Cucuy, which is undergoing renovations. It bills itself as a restaurant, bar, and discotheque. 

I assume the Montie Beach neighborhood bar may open sometime in 2024.

g1sqQX9.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...