What Happened To The In-Pavement Light Rail Crossing Signals?

editor

I noticed that the flashing red lights embedded in the streets at the light rail crossings don't work anymore.  Does anyone know what happened there?  Did they not stand up to the elements or being driven over by all that traffic?

IMG_3108.png

8 hours ago, editor said:

I noticed that the flashing red lights embedded in the streets at the light rail crossings don't work anymore.  Does anyone know what happened there?  Did they not stand up to the elements or being driven over by all that traffic?

IMG_3108.png

Time to put in a 311 request and find out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ross said:

I would also contact Metro, since it's related to the rail.

I was semi-joking. Anything reported to 311 more complicated than a pothole is typically closed without it being addressed and they'll put their excuse in the notes. It's usually something to the effect of "not my job" with a reference to another county/state or private entity. The onus is on the citizen to get anything accomplished, but they will tell you why they won't fix it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, editor said:

IMG_3108.png

I remember that they worked in 2008 when I was here for school, but when I moved here in 2013 they weren't working anymore

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Perhaps METRO lost interest once the rail opponents stopped their kamikaze collisions with the trains. 

Or, they looked for a new toy after the cool factor wore off. I thought these were a great safety item.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to What Happened To The In-Pavement Light Rail Crossing Signals?