Traveler's Cart At 1401 Montrose Blvd.

ErickEdgar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1401 Montrose Blvd.
On 1/29/2022 at 6:29 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The restaurant at 1401 Montrose Blvd is named Carmalito. I don't know if this is another restaurant from the Mandola family or not.

Apologies for the wrong name of the business moving into the 1401 Montrose building of former Pronto Cucinino.

The name isn't Carmalito but Comalito.

It turns out I've been following the restaurant's Instagram for a while, not realizing this is the business opening soon at 1401 Montrose.

According to the logo on Comalito's Instagram, this will become a Mexican restaurant. I am uncertain if this will center on a specific regional Mexican cuisine or offer fares ranging from various regions of Mexico. The logo also seems to indicate this will be a taqueria-type concept.

Comalito is the latest restaurant from Picos Hospitality. The group's other restaurant includes Arnaldo Richard's Picos located in the Upper Kirby area. 

https://instagram.com/comalito.htx

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 2:52 PM, hindesky said:

All the construction fencing is down and I don't see any exterior changes. I wonder if they stopped whatever construction they were doing? 

imCYeYy.jpg

An update about Comalito, the Mexican restaurant that was under construction at 1401 Montrose. The site was previously home to the Mandola-owned Italian eatery Pronto Cucinino.

Comalito was going to be a taqueria concept from Picos Hospitality. The group's other restaurant includes Arnaldo Richard's Picos located in the Upper Kirby area. 

This was posted yesterday in the unrelated topic Union East: Retail, Office Development At McKinney & Sampson St:

14 hours ago, hindesky said:

I asked him (Construction Concepts' site supervisor) why his company left the job at the Mandola's Pronto Cucinino restaurant project on Montrose, he said the owners decided not to go forward with the project.

1401 Montrose is available for lease. The listing was posted a few days ago by leasing agent JLL.

Property fact:

Available square footage 4,284 sf.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1401-Montrose-Blvd-Houston-TX/27063467/

https://property.jll.com/listings/1401-montrose-blvd-cbd

a1MvnTA.jpg

LGuQKgR.jpg

w0rgKR1.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Traveler's Table is opening a dining concept at 1401 Montrose.

Named Traveler's Cart, the restaurant aims to open late 2023, according to CultureMap. The fast-casual concept differentiates Traveler's Cart from Traveler's Table, as does the lower price point.

What to expect design-wise:

"As with Traveler’s Table, Mitchell has turned to Houston’s Gin Design Group to create the interior for Traveler’s Cart. Plans call for design elements that reference markets and street carts from around the world."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/travelers-cart-street-food-restaurant-travelers-table-matthew-mitchell-1/

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Traveler's Cart At 1401 Montrose Blvd.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...