Fairfield Waugh: Multifamily At 1010 Waugh Dr.

Urbannizer

That view from Waugh and Dallas looks great but... oh man, is Rosine Street ever going to be a sunless, parking garage hellscape when it's finished! 

Google street view of Rosine Street: https://bit.ly/3kImrKQ

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 2

Yeah, I know what you meant. Except it's the morning sun that will be blocked by this. Afternoon sun is already blocked. And that morning sun will be blocked 365 days a year, not just in August. And let's not forget that the first 40 feet or so up from the street is (what seems to be) unadorned parking garage. 

ETA: If I lived in those apartments across the street, I'd be thinking of moving when the lease is up. Especially when construction starts. If I owned one of those townhouses, I'd be depressed.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy

For the apartments, I think you're underestimating the Texas sun. Especially given that the southern portion of the building will be set back from Rosine by the depth of the townhouse lots.

Now, two of those three townhouses on the other hand... Those will be pretty significantly in shade all year round. The southernmost one will be fine for as long as the Tony Mandola's (or whatever it is now) building in parkin lot are there.

My larger point is that i think there is a weird tendency to overvalue direct sun and undervalue shade in Houston. Nothing is more valuable than shade in Houston. Just think how much those townhouses will save in HVAC costs.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Fairfield Waugh: New Multifamily At 1010 Waugh Dr.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, jmitch94 said:

We cant keep anything with character in this city can we? Hopefully this will look better than the renderings. This has a slight commie block look to it. 

Are we saying the women's center has character? I feel bad that the women's center isn't gonna be there anymore, but check out Pasadena, Friendswood, Deer Park, old Pearland, and Soho if you want to see brick buildings that prolly still has asbestos in the roof tiles. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, X.R. said:

Are we saying the women's center has character? I feel bad that the women's center isn't gonna be there anymore, but check out Pasadena, Friendswood, Deer Park, old Pearland, and Soho if you want to see brick buildings that prolly still has asbestos in the roof tiles. 

Those aren’t Houston though. My biggest issue is that it’s always written off as just this one but then you get that time, after time, after time and before you know it they are all gone. 

• Like 2