Background image on Houston water utility web site: Where is it?

If you log in to the City of Houston water utility site (houstonwater.org) and view your account information, there is a large background image showing a city scene. But it is not Houston, and I can't identify which city it is. The big clue is the twin-tower office building in the background with the X-style bracing, but I've looked online and can't find any photos of it.

houstonwaterbills.houstontx.gov/ProdDP/images/image-bg.jpg

image-bg.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent detective work, mattyt36. Using your clues I was able to make a positive ID that the photo location is Shenzhen, China. The area of the photo has been radically transformed. The amount of construction in China is mind-boggling.

I am reassured that this was not a location in North America or Europe which I should have been able to identify. It would be nice if the CoH water department would use a photo of Houston!

Here is a link showing how the site looks today

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy8TR7oBFPNVCpAfislmyq_AV3yLbs7_jVXe7PR4MO0hSNgZin

Edited by MaxConcrete

On 9/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, MaxConcrete said:

If you log in to the City of Houston water utility site (houstonwater.org) and view your account information, there is a large background image showing a city scene. But it is not Houston, and I can't identify which city it is. The big clue is the twin-tower office building in the background with the X-style bracing, but I've looked online and can't find any photos of it.

houstonwaterbills.houstontx.gov/ProdDP/images/image-bg.jpg

image-bg.jpg

That is ridiculous.  Did they contract out their website graphics to the Chronicle?

• Haha 1