Retail Center At 3204 Polk St.

I haven't been by this building in a long time, but Google streetview shows it to be vacant. Looks like this might become a bakery that doubles as a storefront for a coffee roaster?

New electrical permit for a Mango Pickle LLC kitchen remodel:

Untitled

LLC search shows Eadough Pastries as an alternate name:

Untitled

That leads to http://eadough.com

And also found http://www.instagram.com/itscakegirl

And Google Maps shows Blackwater Coffee Roasters at the location:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3204+Polk+St,+Houston,+TX+77003/@29.7429671,-95.3478145,90m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8640bee39138903b:0x79798a02fd06ac3e!8m2!3d29.7429144!4d-95.3477554

• Like 3

Hah, Eadough pastries. Alright, you got me in for one visit at least.

That said, I found this bit of showboating a bit interesting: "Having spent years in a 2 Star Michelin rated kitchen in New York, Kripa has a caliber of experience not found in the Houston food scene." I think Daniel Bludorn, the entire staff of Le Jardinier, the chef at Nobie's, and others would like to have a word with her.

(Also, I don't think Michelin bragging gets you too far in Houston)

Edited by JBTX
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/17/2021 at 2:35 PM, JBTX said:

Hah, Eadough pastries. Alright, you got me in for one visit at least.

That said, I found this bit of showboating a bit interesting: "Having spent years in a 2 Star Michelin rated kitchen in New York, Kripa has a caliber of experience not found in the Houston food scene." I think Daniel Bludorn, the entire staff of Le Jardinier, the chef at Nobie's, and others would like to have a word with her.

(Also, I don't think Michelin bragging gets you too far in Houston)

My eyes rolled so far back in my head they lapped themselves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 10:40 AM, samagon said:

hm. Mango Pickle, Bumpy Pickle, I know they're going to be different concepts, but we might be approaching peak pickle.

"Mango pickle is a traditional Indian condiment made with raw mangoes, spices and oil. In India, pickles are relished as a side in every meal." For those wondering about the name lol. Context clues:

image.png.2e91cd314e64ae31dea2d2ce449f280b.png

Edited by Eastdwntwn
  • Like 2

I was driving by last night and saw that the lights were on so I tried to slow roll and take a few pictures, but there were like 8 workers standing in this doorway all staring at me so I chickened out. 

Also, were the product pages up on eadough.com before? There are a bunch of listings for baked goods now. Rosemary and potato kolache sounds interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, wilcal said:

I was driving by last night and saw that the lights were on so I tried to slow roll and take a few pictures, but there were like 8 workers standing in this doorway all staring at me so I chickened out. 

Also, were the product pages up on eadough.com before? There are a bunch of listings for baked goods now. Rosemary and potato kolache sounds interesting. 

Fancy, creative pastries are great and all, but man I wish there were a bakery in the area that had great loaves of actual bread. Everything on EaDough's website looks pretty similar to what's available at Koffeteria (and everywhere Koffeteria distributes - Segundo Lab, etc).

Edited by linearmovement
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, linearmovement said:

Fancy, creative pastries are great and all, but man I wish there were a bakery in the area that had great loaves of actual bread. Everything on EaDough's website looks pretty similar to what's available at Koffeteria (and everywhere Koffeteria distributes - Segundo Lab, etc).

Does Tout Suite have bread offerings?

58 minutes ago, linearmovement said:

take a look in any one of the various panaderia (bakery) around the area. 

coffee pairs well with pastries (sweet, or savory), so that's what these places sell.

Edited by samagon

5 hours ago, samagon said:

yeah, baguettes and sourdough are probably not a specialty of the panaderia.

I wonder if any of the bahn mi shops in midtown would just sell the baguette bread?

One does, and I can't put my finger on it. I definitely saw it on the menu of one recently and it was like $2ish.

I would also suspect that the profit margin on a pastry is higher than bread, so they might be hesitant. 

With Common Bond continue to explode, I wonder if one will pop up in the East End eventually. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wilcal said:

One does, and I can't put my finger on it. I definitely saw it on the menu of one recently and it was like $2ish.

I would also suspect that the profit margin on a pastry is higher than bread, so they might be hesitant. 

With Common Bond continue to explode, I wonder if one will pop up in the East End eventually. 

I could see Common Bond fitting in with East River very well. Similar vibe to some of the already announced tenants.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, wilcal said:

good to know, if that's the price it's worth my time to drive out to Beechnut and BW8 and hit up VietHoa for some baguettes. if I remember correctly from when I lived in the area, it's a lot less expensive than that.

36 minutes ago, samagon said:

good to know, if that's the price it's worth my time to drive out to Beechnut and BW8 and hit up VietHoa for some baguettes. if I remember correctly from when I lived in the area, it's a lot less expensive than that.

I think some of those bakeries out there have (had?) them for $0.25 a pop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...