Uptown TIRZ

gene

Since I personally had no idea a Boulevard Project topic existed in a Trains section...i will post this info here too in case others didn't and want to see the new timeline for it:

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/transportation/2019/08/12/transportation-updates-uptown-boulevard-project-brt-and-bellaire-street-projects/

Uptown Boulevard Project and bus rapid-transit line

Construction is making headway on the city’s first bus rapid-transit line, the Uptown BRT, as part of the Uptown Management District’s Boulevard Project. According to the district, new traffic signals are up and running in the north segment and will be operational along all of Post Oak Boulevard by the end of September. In addition, transit stations are under construction along Post Oak, with completion by Nov. 1.The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County expects to launch METRORapid, the name for the BRT service, in March 2020.

The new Uptown/Westpark Transit Center, south of Westpark and just outside I-610, is also under construction. The Texas Department of Transportation is building an elevated segment of bus lanes from Post Oak to North Post Oak Road along I-610, connecting to the Northwest Transit Center, which is being upgraded by METRO.

Timeline: February 2017-December 2019
Cost: $130 million
Funding source: Uptown Management District

I wonder if the Uptown Lighting will still take place this year or will they change it to 2020? Oops! edited to answer my own question:

https://houston.eventful.com/events/uptown-holiday-lighting-returns-thanksgiving-201-/E0-001-128130020-2

Uptown Holiday Lighting Returns Thanksgiving 2019 Celebrating Newly Transformed Boulevard in Houston

UPTOWN HOLIDAY LIGHTING RETURNS THANKSGIVING 2019 CELEBRATING NEWLY TRANSFORMED BOULEVARD

The 32nd Annual Uptown Holiday Lighting event will return on Thanksgiving evening 2019, kicking off the holiday season and celebrating Post Oak Boulevard’s newly completed transformation.

An iconic and time-honored Houston tradition, the family-friendly celebration will be reimagined with the lighting of over 300 all-new, twenty-foot-tall holiday trees that will line Post Oak Boulevard from the West Loop to Richmond Avenue. Four times the number of traditional tree decorations that existed in years past, the custom artisan-fabricated holiday trees will feature an amazing integration of lighting technology that all ages will enjoy. 

Beginning late afternoon, this FREE family event will also feature festive music, holiday concessions, holiday characters and a special appearance from Santa. Following the ceremonial lighting of the new holiday trees, each illuminated in 850 multi-color lights, the evening will culminate with an exhilarating fireworks extravaganza.

Cost: Free -

Categories: Holiday

Archived