Cooking Girl Restaurant At 1717 Montrose Blvd.

ErickEdgar

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 7:24 PM, hindesky said:

They had the sign up on the building and the food truck parked outside every day, but as of a month or so ago they ripped everything out and it's now up for Lease again.  I wonder if they couldn't get permits.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Avian said:

They had the sign up on the building and the food truck parked outside every day, but as of a month or so ago they ripped everything out and it's now up for Lease again.  I wonder if they couldn't get permits.

I've been wanting to try their birria tacos but every time I go by I see zero progress. Thats too bad.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

A sign for a new Cooking Girl location appeared here as they have been gearing to open up. I’m super excited to have one so close 

The Sichuan takeover of Montrose continues, bad news for Montrose Chinese across the street though.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Les Noo'dle - 1717 Montrose Blvd.
4 hours ago, Avian said:

A sign for a new Cooking Girl location appeared here as they have been gearing to open up. I’m super excited to have one so close 

The Sichuan takeover of Montrose continues, bad news for Montrose Chinese across the street though.

Sichuan food is good, but it's too bad that's the only Chinese cuisine that seems to be spreading.  Last year the only Jiangsu (population: 80 million) restaurant that I knew of in Chinatown closed, and the only good examples of Shaanxi (population: 40 million) food that I could find have closed too.  China has dozens of different cuisines, and I'm glad we have more than just American Chinese and Cantonese food here, but it's a bit boring that we have at least half a dozen Sichuan restaurants near me in the west half of the loop but few from elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 7:33 AM, Avian said:

Local Sichuan restaurant Cooking Girl opened last week at 1717 Montrose Blvd.

Photos of the building from the restaurant's Instagram.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://instagram.com/cookinggirlmontrose

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to 1717 Montrose Blvd.
  • 1 month later...

"A new location of Cooking Girl at 1717 Montrose Blvd., Houston, is in its soft opening phase, with a grand opening date still in the works."

https://www.thecookinggirls.com

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/impacts/2022/08/26/soft-opening-underway-for-new-cooking-girl-location-in-montrose/

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Cooking Girl Restaurant At 1717 Montrose Blvd.