Levy Park Apartments At 2828 Southwest Fwy.

Noticed this on Loopnet.

2828 Southwest Fwy - Four Points by Sheraton Greenway Plaza

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2828-Southwest-Fwy-Houston-TX/23923870/

The Property is situated on 2.38 acres (103,569 square feet) of land, presenting a rare opportunity for a developer with flexibility to reposition or redevelop the Property into a different asset type. Alternatively, a new hotel investor will have the opportunity to realize the significant upside of acquiring and renovating an asset in a highly desirable submarket, substantially below replacement cost.

5XkRccz.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Four Points By Sheraton Greenway Plaza At 2828 Southwest Fwy.
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

Im interested to know how the parking/layout will change. I feel like it would be most reasonable if they built a garage in the back and some kind of green space in the front. A Midrise surrounded by surface lots doesn't feel very home-y .

Excellent question.  (And I hope by "back" you mean the current front, on the freeway side.  Add structured parking there and move the front door to the park side and create some open/park/amenity space where the larger surface parking is...)

• Like 2

I was in this hotel around 2015/2016 and they did their best to update the hotel, however the ceiling heights seemed extremely low. I'm really surprised they are remodeling this building instead of tearing it down and starting over. It's on a large piece of property and it's an oddly shaped building.  I would think it would make more sense to start over from scratch and build a larger building with higher floor to ceiling heights. 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, kennyc05 said:

I still don't understand how they're gonna do the parking situation.

Something tells me this is going to be a very cheap conversion. Maybe a new paint job and landscape but thats it. Might even leave the parking lot as is. I pass by this place all the time and it looks like they're moving at a really slow pace, or just don't plan on doing much. 

• Like 1

I don't know I mean Levy Park has it's name on it and it looks like they're just gutting the building at the moment. A small company outside of Seattle is tackling the conversion. Their profile is small but clean and neat. And to be honest, I trust a company doing this coming from that area compared to some good ol boys here in Texas. 

https://rainierdc.com/gallery

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2023 at 12:07 PM, Amlaham said:

Something tells me this is going to be a very cheap conversion. Maybe a new paint job and landscape but thats it. Might even leave the parking lot as is. I pass by this place all the time and it looks like they're moving at a really slow pace, or just don't plan on doing much. 

Yikes maybe you were right 😬

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Levy Park Apartments At 2828 Southwest Fwy.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be awesome if they removed all the parking and just made it greenspace that flows in to the park. Hopefully that adult store and comic book store are both gone soon as the value of the land continues to increase. They're both extreme eyesores.

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4