Memorial At Six: Multifamily At 816 Addicks-Howell Rd.

Highrise Tower

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Kind of an unusual location for this style of building. I wonder if over time Highway 6 will get more built up through there.

I would not say that this style building is unusual for this location. There are already 2 similar garage wrapped apartment buildings in that direct area. H6 Apartments and Broadstone Energy Park. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Memorial At Six: Multifamily At 816 Addicks-Howell Rd.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live right at this area, and honestly, I can't figure out how they're going to fit anything on that small triangle of land. Does anyone have any blueprints or further info? It's a terrible spot for more housing - adding hundreds more cars at such close proximity of that intersection is not a great idea. Plus, that intersection of Memorial & Addicks Howell has crashes all the time with people trying to cut across Memorial.

We're having nightmares that perhaps they end up buying that stretch of Addicks Howell from the city, and use it to expand their footprint or something, forcing all of us that live in the adjacent neighborhoods to go to the light at HWY6/Memorial instead of taking that nice little shortcut.

Would love any more info on this project  - I'm not an architecture guy and I don't understand a lot of permitting language, so any info and explanations would be helpful!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...