Etheria Day Spa & Salon At 4444 Montrose Blvd.

clutchcity94

Anyone know what the plan is for 4444 Montrose? Used to be Etheria Salon & Day Spa, but looks like it was sold to HWM Properties, LLC in 2020. Lot size is 17,325 sq ft.

HWM Properties appears to be owned by Wayne Martin, founder of Applied Finish Systems, a drywall company. Martin also owns Chateau Cocomar.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Montrose Blvd is considered a TOD secondary street, so hopefully whatever is built will take that in to consideration. 

Is it officially a TOD street even though the Richmond line isn't built yet. And by looking at the TOD map it's considered a secondary street. Does that mean they don't have to follow any of the TOD guidelines?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kennyc05 said:

Is it officially a TOD street even though the Richmond line isn't built yet. And by looking at the TOD map it's considered a secondary street. Does that mean they don't have to follow any of the TOD guidelines?

Yeah the developer has the option to opt in and cut 50% of their parking requirement as a secondary street. And yes Richmond Ave is considered a TOD street because the CoH is viewing it as a future transit line. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah the developer has the option to opt in and cut 50% of their parking requirement as a secondary street. And yes Richmond Ave is considered a TOD street because the CoH is viewing it as a future transit line. 

Capture.PNG

Cool I thought it didn't go into effect until the lines went in. 

So if they were to opt out does that just deal with just the parking on secondary streets or are secondary streets now required to have the buildings up against the road or can they opt out on setbacks as well?

From what I understand reading the TOD guidelines, they are fully optional on secondary streets. That means they don’t have to front the street or take advantage of the 50% parking reduction. It’s really just an incentive to developers and it’s encouraged by the city to take advantage of the parking reduction. The rules are only mandatory on designated TOD streets. 

6 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

From what I understand reading the TOD guidelines, they are fully optional on secondary streets. That means they don’t have to front the street or take advantage of the 50% parking reduction. It’s really just an incentive to developers and it’s encouraged by the city to take advantage of the parking reduction. The rules are only mandatory on designated TOD streets. 

And I guess the walkable please designation picks up the slack on non TOD streets.

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Do I understand this correctly?  It looks like all the streets along the University Line are secondary.  Is that because they don't know for certain where the stations will be and once that is known, the streets around the stations will become primary TOD streets?

Does the pink line mean primary or secondary?

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Do I understand this correctly?  It looks like all the streets along the University Line are secondary.  Is that because they don't know for certain where the stations will be and once that is known, the streets around the stations will become primary TOD streets?

Basically, that is it. Primary will take effect when the stations are completed. They wrote in to allow secondary to take effect now. 

40 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

Does the pink line mean primary or secondary?

15 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I think pink is secondary

Yes. Pink is secondary and blue is primary. Here is a link to the full map: https://mycity.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=21c363261727416fb517977a27407df9

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to 4444 Montrose Blvd.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Etheria Day Spa & Salon At 4444 Montrose Blvd.