Sunset Boulevard Apartments At 1730 Sunset Blvd.

Urbannizer

• The title was changed to 1724 Sunset: Proposed Multifamily Development in University Place

I used to live across the street from this (across from Fleming Park actually, which is across from this). While the plat is "University Place", that area is more commonly known as Southampton, even though technically it butts up against it.

Do we know what kind of project yet, other than "multi-family"? If it's like Chateau 10, I think most neighbors will welcome it (or not squeak too loudly). If it's a repeat of the Ashby High-rise fiasco... 🙈

• Like 2

1 hour ago, astrohip said:

I used to live across the street from this (across from Fleming Park actually, which is across from this). While the plat is "University Place", that area is more commonly known as Southampton, even though technically it butts up against it.

Actually, it's in Boulevard Oaks AND University Place.  University Place is the super neighborhood that includes Southampton, Boulevard Oaks, etc.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Actually, it's in Boulevard Oaks AND University Place.  University Place is the super neighborhood that includes Southampton, Boulevard Oaks, etc.

Thanks, that's correct. I had forgotten that BO has that one little drop-down extension that dips below Bissonnet. While it's colloquially called Southampton, it is part of the BO Civic Assoc. Good catch!

I had forgotten about University Place super neighborhood. Yes, "everything" is in UP. But I don't think it has any platting formality, just an area designation?

boca_boundary__map_1aug08.jpg

Edited by astrohip
  • Like 6

• The title was changed to 1724 Sunset: Proposed Multifamily Development In University Place
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Proposed Multifamily Development At 1724 Sunset Blvd.
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development At 1724 Sunset Blvd.
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/26/2023 at 12:24 PM, hindesky said:

Cut down the trees that will be in the way of the building.

Boo! Those iconic Live Oaks along Sunset are a big part of what makes this area so special. I understand trees in the middle of lots are an issue, but WHY did they cut down the trees along the street?

In fact, thinking about this, aren't the trees in the sidewalk/street easement protected? Why were they able to cut them down?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sunset Boulevard Apartments At 1730 Sunset Blvd.
On 8/29/2023 at 11:19 AM, astrohip said:

Boo! Those iconic Live Oaks along Sunset are a big part of what makes this area so special. I understand trees in the middle of lots are an issue, but WHY did they cut down the trees along the street?

In fact, thinking about this, aren't the trees in the sidewalk/street easement protected? Why were they able to cut them down?

Still seems like the city should be queried whether this actually flies now or not