Mostert Antiques At 323 Westheimer Rd.

hindesky

I saw this address listed in Permit report.

I’ve watched this falling down structure with the vines sprouting out the roof for almost 20 years. Neighborhood gossip said there wasn’t a clear title and the elderly gentleman occupying house didn’t seem interested in obtaining a clear title for any heirs.

there have been several estate sales held 8n last couple of years.. The women I talked to  at one sale, identified herself as home owner daughter……….I’m semi skeptical🤔 — In 2019 I wasn’t much interested in inventory, seemed fairly similar to other sales around here.  However, after I left I texted a dozen or so neighbors to go over and look at the walls and windows, doors, stairs…..just about everything inside.  The inside of the house had no wall board, you could see exactly how the entire thing was put together, all the joints, huge beams, nails, pegs etc.The stained glass windows had been boarded from outside and were as fine as anything on Avondale Blvd. The baluster and stairs seemed almost hanD carved……..Looking at everything was like an architectural window into how houses were put together in early 1900’s. Seeing the inside made you forget what a dump the outside was. It will be very sad when this house is torn down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It had been reduced to rubble when I passed it early this afternoon. I have no idea if any of the interior features or woodwork had been rescued. 
I share in @trymahjong's sadness. Soon the lovely spacious houses that once defined Lower Westheimer will be but a memory.
I also noticed that the iron fence and gate in front of 235 Westheimer have been pulled down. It's been for sale for quite a while - wonder what the future holds for it. 

• The title was changed to 323 Westheimer Rd.
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Mostert Antiques At 323 Westheimer Rd.