Ojala East Riverside: Mixed-Use Development

Urbannizer

52 minutes ago, sapo2367 said:

"Located directly off the Buffalo Bayou to the North-West of downtown Houston"

Trying to visualize where that is and not having any luck. Anyone know where this development is supposed to be going?

34 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

Educated guess:  North side of the Bayou, West of Jensen, East of the train tracks.  Good downtown view, across the Bayou.   

but it says northwest of downtown?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samagon said:

but it says northwest of downtown?

It does, but I believe that that is a misprint.  The name of the project is "East Riverside"...and the location that I am guessing, is just across the street from "East River".   

Edited by Naviguessor
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sapo2367 said:

I know there were some variance request signs on that property (west of Jensen), but I didnt get a good look at the details. Wonder if this is related.

Saw the same. Wasn't able to read it while driving by.

"Located directly off the Buffalo Bayou to the North-West of downtown Houston..."

Yes, I know this is tedious nitpickery on my part, but NO Houstonian would ever say "the Buffalo Bayou." Just say "Buffalo Bayou" and not sound like you're from Dallas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

"Located directly off the Buffalo Bayou to the North-West of downtown Houston..."

Yes, I know this is tedious nitpickery on my part, but NO Houstonian would ever say "the Buffalo Bayou." Just say "Buffalo Bayou" and not sound like you're from Dallas. 

Agree. It’s like when people say “the Third Ward, etc” lol. No one from Third Ward says that. It’s just Third Ward, Fifth Ward, etc.  

7 hours ago, quietstorm said:

Agree. It’s like when people say “the Third Ward, etc” lol. No one from Third Ward says that. It’s just Third Ward, Fifth Ward, etc.  

Although old-timers will sometimes say "the Montrose," short for "the Montrose Area." And, of course, "the Heights."

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy

• The title was changed to Ojala East Riverside: Mixed-Use Development