Harmony House At 702 Girard St.

arisegundo

The area in question

The other day I was driving around exploring the neighborhood near the old Jeff Davis Hospital. An errant turn took me onto Dart Street, which curves around, ducks under I-45, and becomes the tail end of Girard. I pulled into the dead end to find a few warehouse-looking buildings, and a man standing in front of them giving me a dirty look. Does anyone know what the heck is here, in the heart of the city but so isolated from it??

• Like 1

The area in question

The other day I was driving around exploring the neighborhood near the old Jeff Davis Hospital. An errant turn took me onto Dart Street, which curves around, ducks under I-45, and becomes the tail end of Girard. I pulled into the dead end to find a few warehouse-looking buildings, and a man standing in front of them giving me a dirty look. Does anyone know what the heck is here, in the heart of the city but so isolated from it??

I believe that is some sort of Homeless Center or a poor man's YMCA.

• 13 years later...
On 6/26/2021 at 7:41 PM, cityliving said:

aP0reR9.jpg

I assume it isn't related, but there is a building going up behind this on Girard St. near Harmony House (visible to the left of the photo bordered by the red construction fence, under the I-45 N to I-10 E ramp). Anyone know what is going on there?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, arche_757 said:

Does anyone know what is under construction in the middle/upper right-hand corner of the last picture @cityliving posted?

I had asked the same question earlier in the thread. It’s a new residential building for Harmony House, a homeless services provider.

http://harmonyhouse.org/about-2/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, wilcal said:

This has probably been asked before, but what is the stick construction down by the highway?

Maybe if you had been paying attention you would know that this post isn’t about a stupid stick shack that’s under construction, this is about POST: 401 Franklin Post office site redevelopment, if you want to talk about that stick construction then you should start a new post about it!

Edited by cityliving
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, cityliving said:

Maybe if you had been paying attention you would know that this post isn’t about a stupid stick shack that’s under construction, this is about POST: 401 Franklin Post office site redevelopment, if you want to talk about that stick construction then you should start a new post about it!

Is there a post about the stick shack up your...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Meg Pohodich said:

This is my stupid stick shack. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. 😉 

This is my stupid stick shack. I’m happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding the construction and/or services Harmony House will be providing here.

What an entrance. Welcome and thank you for doing what you do!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 8:29 PM, Meg Pohodich said:

This is my stupid stick shack. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. 😉 

This is my stupid stick shack. I’m happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding the construction and/or services Harmony House will be providing here.

Thanks for doing it, I drive by it on my way out out downtown every day. Your building will make this a better city, thanks.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...