Lone Star Rising

TexasStar

What a hideous collection of ugly buildings. There's no unity. Those buildings don't work well together. It looks like none of the builders took any consideration of the other buildings around it. One of those buildings even looks like it has a refinery on the roof.

• 11 months later...
Great Day/Night Shots Texas Star. The tall building in the middle, with the green neon running the length of the buidling - what is its name? Also, is the green neon a little to gaudy - or is it just me?

it look better than our skyline at night.

You are correct. This one shows the greenery that the picture I posted did not as it was aerial and the surface lots were visible rather than the treetops. Thanks.

I am not arguing that Houston has a bigger skyline...I know it does...I am from there. However, the Houston picture shows the length of the Skyline, while the Dallas picture does not. You guys know that Dallas can be seen better than that.

What a hideous collection of ugly buildings. There's no unity. Those buildings don't work well together. It looks like none of the builders took any consideration of the other buildings around it. One of those buildings even looks like it has a refinery on the roof.

Sounds like this guy needs to read the top of the page a bit more before he goes on a silly tirade. :rolleyes:

I have seen some georgous pictures of Dallas lately on this forum. Very nice. There is also a person who goes by "Ninja" something over at the DFW forum. He has some downright awesome shots over there.

I would like to see some of the same quality pics of Houston. The one angle I have yet to see is something from the souteast side, which shows all the older and smaller buildings in-filling in the front of the larger behmoth modern skyscrapers in the back. I know there are some shots from the Scott Elevated, but I havent seen something of the quality you see lately coming out of some of the Dallas photographers. If anyone knows of some, please post!!!

• The title was changed to Lone Star Rising

Archived