The Summit At Renaissance Park: Affordable Housing At 12121 Greenspoint Dr.

hindesky

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Coming-to-Greenspoint-A-77-million-325-unit-16314845.php

The city on Wednesday approved a $15 million loan to help finance a 325-unit affordable housing complex near the Greenspoint Mall, by far the largest project in the city’s Harvey recovery program and one officials hope will help revitalize the area.

Edited by editor
  • Like 6

• The title was changed to The Summit At Renaissance Park: Affordable Housing In Greenspoint
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I lived in the greenspoint area for 10 years I've seen the best of it I've also seen the worst of it hopefully this will make things good so this is affordable housing I hope that means that there's not too much government housing we know how that works would love to see something happen with the mall it's a shame about the theater that theater wasn't old

And the award for the Worst Model to be Published/Shared with the Public...goes to...Forge Craft.

At the very least when you show off your model, show a finished one. Seriously, my eyes are bleeding and weeping at the same time when I look at this. I am immediately skeptical of any firm or project that is shown/presented in this way. Its lazy, and unprofessional.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, Luminare said:

And the award for the Worst Model to be Published/Shared with the Public...goes to...Forge Craft.

At the very least when you show off your model, show a finished one. Seriously, my eyes are bleeding and weeping at the same time when I look at this. I am immediately skeptical of any firm or project that is shown/presented in this way. Its lazy, and unprofessional.

Edited by Houston19514

On 1/21/2022 at 7:33 PM, Spalmer said:

I lived in the greenspoint area for 10 years I've seen the best of it I've also seen the worst of it hopefully this will make things good so this is affordable housing I hope that means that there's not too much government housing we know how that works would love to see something happen with the mall it's a shame about the theater that theater wasn't old

At 325 units, it's a drop in the bucket. Houston needs more affordable units, and they probably should be distributed city-wide, rather than in a cluster. I'm also not enthused about the cinder-block character of the structures; it really is not family-friendly.

51 minutes ago, toxtethogrady said:

At 325 units, it's a drop in the bucket. Houston needs more affordable units, and they probably should be distributed city-wide, rather than in a cluster. I'm also not enthused about the cinder-block character of the structures; it really is not family-friendly.

Houston Housing and Community Development has 35 projects under construction or in the planning stages. And they are all over Houston.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/c48a167c25b34b91aab2aedd56636624?cover=false

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Summit At Renaissance Park: Affordable Housing At 12121 Greenspoint Dr.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...