Levit Green: Life Science-Based Mixed-Use Development By Hines

TheNiche

• Highrise Tower changed the title to Levit Green: Life Science-Based Mixed-Use Development By Hines
5 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

All the illegal dumping around this site has me frustrated. There are now 3 sofas scattered around. I know the site is monitored with cameras.  Looking forward to Hines cleaning this place up.

A ton of 1.75 liter liquor bottles get dumped here every few months, pretty odd. Just a mass of detritus and broken glass surround the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they scaled back some of the building heights but this still looks incredible when all the phases are completed. Between this and TMC3, Houston will finally catch up quickly to the world leaders on the research front. 

Edited by thatguysly
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Texasota said:

This is looking a lot more suburban corporate campus-y than I was hoping. Still glad it's happening, but it's definitely less interesting looking than TMC3

Agree 100%... but I was stewing on this thought. Perhaps the potential tenants low-key prefer this “campus” feel.. I’ve seen it so many times (Dallas / Omaha / Bay Area). I’m down if it gets the right tenants, but hopefully they can make this feel fresh and dynamic too.

30 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Is this development ignoring the columbia tap rail trail?

Hines' developments around town have been super mindful of bikes and bike storage, I'll go out on a limb here and the lane and bike usage in general will be heavily integrated. Especially so given what they are aspiring to with this development. Doesn't the Tap basically die right there anyway though once you get across 288?

3 hours ago, X.R. said:

Hines' developments around town have been super mindful of bikes and bike storage, I'll go out on a limb here and the lane and bike usage in general will be heavily integrated. Especially so given what they are aspiring to with this development. Doesn't the Tap basically die right there anyway though once you get across 288?

With this development moving ahead, I'm hoping a bike path is put in on Dixie Dr. sooner rather than later. It would directly connect the Columbia Tap to Hermann Park over the Bill Coats bridge, which is itself a cool location. A dedicated path over the 288 bridge on Dixie would also make the apartments going in on the corner of Bowling Green eminently walkable, not to mention the existing complexes closer to OST.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 6:14 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Originally posted by Naviguessor, December 2018  in the original thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

This interesting and ambitious "Confidential Master Plan" shows up on the Munoz Albin Project page on their Website. 

Thanks to research from another Haifer researching the Colombe d'Or tower.   

https://munozalbin.com/project/old-market-east-omaha-master-plan/

tBCVAXK.jpg

Originally posted by CaptainJilliams December 2018 in the previous thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

Not to get anybody too excited, but here's the conceptual rendering from the link Naviguessor posted above:

OWv4rFl.jpg

This wonderful development is expected to break ground in Q2. Is the tallest tower seen here still in the plans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOUCAJUN said:

This wonderful development is expected to break ground in Q2. Is the tallest tower seen here still in the plans?

Not likely. I think Gensler is responsible for the master plan. That prior one was done by Munoz Albin.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, Smacgregor said:

With this development moving ahead, I'm hoping a bike path is put in on Dixie Dr. sooner rather than later. It would directly connect the Columbia Tap to Hermann Park over the Bill Coats bridge, which is itself a cool location. A dedicated path over the 288 bridge on Dixie would also make the apartments going in on the corner of Bowling Green eminently walkable, not to mention the existing complexes closer to OST.

Do you have more info on the apartments on the corner of bowling green 

• 1 month later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Levit Green: Life Science-Based Mixed-Use Development By Hines
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is so exciting- so these projects (TMC3, Levit Green) are hoping to consolidate R&D in biotech/pharmaceuticals/medical devices/etc., and hope to attract more talent to the region, yes? How large is our presence in this field today?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

This is so exciting- so these projects (TMC3, Levit Green) are hoping to consolidate R&D in biotech/pharmaceuticals/medical devices/etc., and hope to attract more talent to the region, yes? How large is our presence in this field today?

My understanding is that R&D in the medical field is pretty low in Houston. If anything it is pretty cancer focuses. But to get to the level of say Boston, we need biotech and such to really take off here. I am hoping this will help with that. Though they have schools like MIT around there so not sure if Houston will ever get into robotics to that degree.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, thatguysly said:

My understanding is that R&D in the medical field is pretty low in Houston. If anything it is pretty cancer focuses. But to get to the level of say Boston, we need biotech and such to really take off here. I am hoping this will help with that. Though they have schools like MIT around there so not sure if Houston will ever get into robotics to that degree.

Hopefully A&M’s EnMed program will help with the robotics and medical devices side of that.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...