Harris County Office Building At 1111 Fannin St.

CREguy13

Harris County bought 1111 Fannin from Triten recently.  They want to consolidate several properties to this building.  This would be huge for downtown.  The County own a lot of buildings/land that would present great development opportunities for more urban infill on northside of CBD.  Looking forward to more details.

https://therealdeal.com/2021/06/09/harris-county-set-to-buy-downtown-houston-office-building-for-close-to-29m/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Harris County bought 1111 Fannin from Triten recently.  They want to consolidate several properties to this building.  This would be huge for downtown.  The County own a lot of buildings/land that would present great development opportunities for more urban infill on northside of CBD.  Looking forward to more details.

https://therealdeal.com/2021/06/09/harris-county-set-to-buy-downtown-houston-office-building-for-close-to-29m/

Intriguing. You have to think though that certain offices will want to remain in walking distance from the courthouse, like Family Law, etc. So which offices don't have this requirement? I don't really know enough about the county.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Intriguing. You have to think though that certain offices will want to remain in walking distance from the courthouse, like Family Law, etc. So which offices don't have this requirement? I don't really know enough about the county.

I think I read that the budget office would be moving in to this building.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

SPECIFICALLY - 

buildings on the south side of the intersection of Caroline & Preston

- AND -

The Houston Cotton Exchange building on the corner of Caroline & Prairie !!

25 minutes ago, Avossos said:

SPECIFICALLY - 

buildings on the south side of the intersection of Caroline & Preston

- AND -

The Houston Cotton Exchange building on the corner of Caroline & Prairie !!

I am not sure whether or how quickly developers would do anything with the buildings at Caroline and Preston, given that that two short buildings at Caroline and Prairie are just sitting vacant, and the office renovation at 412 Main was unsuccessful. Historic office space just seems to be a failing proposition downtown unless it is a large building like 712 Main or 1001 McKinney that can be brought to Class A-/B+ status. Our office tenants don't do quirky.

On the other hand, the Cotton Exchange building does seem like it would have a bright future without the county, either as residential or hotel. Floor heights will probably determine what that future is, but I'm thinking hotel since there's no balconies.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

I would love for 1001 Preston (County tax office) to come available. Fronts Main Street and is basically a dead zone for that side of Main. 🤞🏼

Are you saying reposition this building or tear it down? It's a pretty nice Mod.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Downtown Office Purchased By Harris County - 1111 Fannin St.
  • The title was changed to Harris County Office Building At 1111 Fannin St.
  • 5 months later...