Frost Bank Drive Thru At 3710 Holman St.

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Frost Bank Drive Thru - 3710 Holman
48 minutes ago, Texasota said:

whomp whomp

Investment in this area is a big deal consdering how it is now, why whomp whomp? Until Frost there was literally no banks around here except for the Chase on UH campus hidden in the back. 

• Like 1

The bank is already there. A drive through is not really a new investment in the area. It's not adding a new service, or housing, or really much of anything.

And it is next to the light rail. A new drive through attached to an existing business next to the light rail is 100% a whomp whomp for me. 

Especially given all the new student housing going up just the other side of Scott. This could have been something interesting, but it isn't. That's a whomp whomp.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, Texasota said:

The bank is already there. A drive through is not really a new investment in the area. It's not adding a new service, or housing, or really much of anything.

And it is next to the light rail. A new drive through attached to an existing business next to the light rail is 100% a whomp whomp for me. 

Especially given all the new student housing going up just the other side of Scott. This could have been something interesting, but it isn't. That's a whomp whomp.

You must be privileged and be able to go to a bank during "business" hours unlike a lot of us who use atms to make deposits. Sorry you don't understand the fear of making a deposit in a relatively unsafe area at night. This is a big plus for people who live in the area and can only bank after hours. How about you withdraw 500 dollars and hop on the lightrail at night to see how safe you feel?

I have lived in Philadelphia and ridden the el at 6am and late at night. I've lived in Baltimore - the only city in which I've actually been randomly assaulted. I've lived in Third Ward. I've been chased by stray dogs on Holman. Threatened by a guy waving a gun on Alabama. Chased on my bike on the Columbia Tap.

And I stand by my "whomp whomp." 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Frost Bank Drive Thru At 3710 Holman St.