1.14-Acres For Sale On Bastrop St.

Came across this listing on LoopNet for six different tracts of land surrounding 8th Wonder and noticed that one of the tracts (#4) is only 2,000 sq. ft. It looks like this tract sits between an existing warehouse and the Bastrop Promenade where the We Love Houston sign is.

Do you think someone will come in and develop this tract of land for commercial purposes? If so, what would they even put in a space of that size?

block-467-houston-eado.jpg

houston-property-east-end.jpg

• Like 1

At first I thought they had labeled the entire promenade as possible ROW acquisition target and It is hard to describe how much hell I would have raised if someone tried to buy that lol. 

8'X250' is definitely going to be pretty hard to develop. I think you've got one buyer, and that is the warehouse owner that is immediately adjacent. Interesting that they aren't really asking for a discount and still want $165k for it. 

I wish the city would buy #5 to make a park since it abuts the dog park in the promenade. 

Edited by wilcal

I doubt anyone would develop that sliver of land, considering the Bastrop ROW that the City/East Downtown Management District is actively developing as a promenade/public space.

I’m more concerned about lot 3 on that map; that is the entirety of 8th Wonder’s outdoor area (which I thought they had owned).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/15/2021 at 11:13 AM, Houston19514 said:

That 2,000square foot lot is very odd.  I wonder how that separated ownership ever came to be.

It was railroad property. The block book map shows it belonging to Texas and New Orleans RR, and Union Pacific sold it to the current owners in 2010. I can't tell when Broadway was abandoned.

Block book 000455.JPG

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Block 467 - 2,000 Sq. Ft. Of Land Next To We Love Houston Sign
  • The title was changed to 1.14-Acres For Sale On Bastrop St.