Texas Bar-B-Que House - 2401 Texas St.

• 1 month later...

Texas Bar-B-Que House is officially no more, and it’s being replaced by the equally imaginatively-named Texas Tailgate. They’ve put down a bunch of Astro turf and turned part of the parking lot into a patio, complete with several TVs.

Honestly, this is a good spot for something like this. Has good potential to be a popular pre-game spot for both Dynamo and Astros games.

CF15372F-05A7-4151-974E-4EAD61209E60.jpeg

• Like 9

I wonder if they will show Dynamo games on TV. None of the bars around there do unless you bring a big crowd with reservation AND the Astros are not playing AND no other big sporting event is going on. And yes Ive been to them all including the obvious ones you are thinking a million times and know what i'm talking about.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, samagon said:

if Pitch 25, a bar owned (partially) by a former Dynamo player, isn't showing their games, then wow.

I mean, that's what I'm reading between the lines of your cryptic post.

Pitch 25 will only put soccer on if it's a big game. Like Euros or World Cup. They don't really put on premier league, bundesliga, serie A, etc unless you ask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samagon said:

if Pitch 25, a bar owned (partially) by a former Dynamo player, isn't showing their games, then wow.

I mean, that's what I'm reading between the lines of your cryptic post.

That's the worst of them all. There are zero places in Houston that will put Dynamo games on voluntarily and its always like you're forcing them to put on an erotic movie. They might comply, but its gonna be at the shittiest tv in the corner with no sound where no one can see you.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, staresatmaps said:

That's the worst of them all. There are zero places in Houston that will put Dynamo games on voluntarily and its always like you're forcing them to put on an erotic movie. They might comply, but its gonna be at the shittiest tv in the corner with no sound where no one can see you.

This is the wildest thing about being a Dynamo fan. Its like the Bars in that area and around town are like "eww a poor" and act like they dont get the game (lol) or that changing a TV is like moving a boulder uphill. I like Pitch 25 but that is the craziest thing about them, and its to the point that I wondered if old ownership told them not to do it because it absolutely made no sense. 

Maybe this is the improved gameday experience Segal alluded to in his presser ☺️? I initially honestly thought @thedistrict84 was playing it for laughs and photoshopped the old bbq place but no, it seems its real lol. I cannot believe some of you went to that bbq place, it always looked so shitty. 

• Haha 1

ya'll make good points about the lack of Dynamo interest by bars, but they're trying to fit the demand, which really is not in the Dynamo's favor right now.  I want that to change, but it will take time.  

Anyways, this new concept is an exciting departure from the eyesore that was there for years. I think it's actually in a really good/unique location for this type of bar/restaurant.  Hope it does well.  I will definitely be checking it out soon!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, X.R. said:

This is the wildest thing about being a Dynamo fan. Its like the Bars in that area and around town are like "eww a poor" and act like they dont get the game (lol) or that changing a TV is like moving a boulder uphill. I like Pitch 25 but that is the craziest thing about them, and its to the point that I wondered if old ownership told them not to do it because it absolutely made no sense. 

Maybe this is the improved gameday experience Segal alluded to in his presser ☺️? I initially honestly thought @thedistrict84 was playing it for laughs and photoshopped the old bbq place but no, it seems its real lol. I cannot believe some of you went to that bbq place, it always looked so shitty. 

it actually is pretty close to that, thanks to how service providers force you to do things.

there's no such thing as a streaming service that supports commercial use, aka, it's technically against the terms of service (hulu, yttv, sling, etc), and if someone rats you out, you're going to be served. one caveat is that if you are willing to connect your TV via wifi directly to your comcast router, you can stream xfinity. but that's not going to be the way anyone has a network set up for security sake.

when you go through a cable or satellite provider you need a box for every TV, or various TVs can be set up to run the same signal from one box. so an establishment can do 2 things, have a ton of remotes behind the bar, and a box at each TV, or all the boxes in a room, with remotes. either way, someone's gotta fish for the right remote, and then find the program.

what happens is that when you go ask the bartender, they've probably got a backlog of tickets to get through, or other things they need to do to stay ahead, all of these things they want to do rather than go find that remote and change the channel for you, so they tell you some story to make it sound like they can't do it, but they can do it, it is like moving a boulder uphill though. 

• The title was changed to Texas Bar-B-Que House - 2401 Texas St.