Harris County General Store Barbecue Company - 6555 Navigation Blvd.

it seems like someone really decided we needed more BBQ in the East End. 

there's the one that's been perpetually under construction since pre-pandemic at Leeland near Emancipation.

there's the one on Sampson for which @ljchou just started a topic.

and near Dismuke and Lawndale, which used to be Stephanie's Ice House, there's another BBQ place opening up. Harris County General Store BBQ Company is what Google maps says, and it also says they're open now.

not that I'm complaining, I love BBQ, just seems that someone hosted a seminar for how to open a BBQ restaurant and everyone decided to go for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Harris County General Store BBQ Company.... BBQ everywhere!
1 hour ago, samagon said:

it seems like someone really decided we needed more BBQ in the East End. 

there's the one that's been perpetually under construction since pre-pandemic at Leeland near Emancipation.

there's the one on Sampson for which @ljchou just started a topic.

and near Dismuke and Lawndale, which used to be Stephanie's Ice House, there's another BBQ place opening up. Harris County General Store BBQ Company is what Google maps says, and it also says they're open now.

not that I'm complaining, I love BBQ, just seems that someone hosted a seminar for how to open a BBQ restaurant and everyone decided to go for it.

When I saw @ljchou's post about a potential new BBQ joint on Sampson I had a similar reaction - I'm glad new places are opening, but the area could really use some cuisine diversity. Roostar and Street to Kitchen are a start; my absolute long shot hope is that 369 reopens somewhere in the neighborhood 😆 (along with, maybe, a Local Foods). 

I don't think there's a separate thread for it, but Kickin' Kombucha has moved a few doors down into the old El Greco space and expanded with a market, café and kitchen (with some pretty great cochinita pibil tacos). Lawndale's coming up nicely.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:15 PM, linearmovement said:

When I saw @ljchou's post about a potential new BBQ joint on Sampson I had a similar reaction - I'm glad new places are opening, but the area could really use some cuisine diversity. Roostar and Street to Kitchen are a start; my absolute long shot hope is that 369 reopens somewhere in the neighborhood 😆 (along with, maybe, a Local Foods). 

I don't think there's a separate thread for it, but Kickin' Kombucha has moved a few doors down into the old El Greco space and expanded with a market, café and kitchen (with some pretty great cochinita pibil tacos). Lawndale's coming up nicely.

well, Kanomwan and Huynh.

once you get past those 2 powerhouses for amazing food that offers some diversity of options, it's all tacos, burgers and bbq, or at least that's what it feels like.

• The title was changed to Harris County General Store Barbecue Company
  • The title was changed to Harris County General Store Barbecue Company - 6555 Navigation Blvd.