True Anomaly Brewing Company At 2012 Dallas St.

2 minutes ago, Highrise Tower said:

Anyone ever try True Anomaly's beers? Looks like they are now being distributed to HEB and Central Market. It's Memorial Day, I might buy a 4-pack.  Their strawberry and rhubarb sour looks tasty!

http://trueanomalybrewing.com/

True Anomaly is great! The name initially intrigued me because it is space themed (the last of the 6 Keplerian orbital elements). They have a lot of Belgian style beers if I remember correctly, so they add some diversity to the Houston craft beer scene.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highrise Tower said:

Anyone ever try True Anomaly's beers? Looks like they are now being distributed to HEB and Central Market. It's Memorial Day, I might buy a 4-pack.  Their strawberry and rhubarb sour looks tasty!

http://trueanomalybrewing.com/

My former coworker from NASA is one of the four guys who started it. Nice guy and great beers. They trend lighter and have more sours, saisons and wheats than I can find elsewhere. Definitely recommend!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Do they have plans on moving? Those blocks next to 59/69 are all going away for the new highway.

Most of the crowd being impacted by the expansion are looking for new sites, but don't want to pull the trigger until they have to. TXDOT has put a hold on ROW acquisitions for this project segment until they get their funding renewed for the next fiscal year, putting everyone in a wait and see mode. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Most of the crowd being impacted by the expansion are looking for new sites, but don't want to pull the trigger until they have to. TXDOT has put a hold on ROW acquisitions for this project segment until they get their funding renewed for the next fiscal year, putting everyone in a wait and see mode. 

There’s also the Biden administration’s Civil Rights Act investigation that could postpone or derail the project as well.

It's happening, every time I ride by the Ballpark lofts I see U-Hauls and moving trucks and have actually asked a few people about it. Both times I asked they said they weren't given enough to move out. If you look at all the businesses along this many have shut down knowing it's coming and have been paid to leave. The Mexican Consulate moved out.

• Like 1

I think the project will move forward in full. The lawsuit by the county and USDOT's pause are just lip service. Segment 3 is already starting.

The section south of Midtown is on track for construction next year.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/Metro-set-to-spend-millions-to-make-sure-I-45-16118744.php

The section for the east side of Midtown is labeled as in active procurement on TxDOT's website.

https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/division/debt/strategic-projects/alternative-delivery/nhhip-seg3.html 

• Like 2

Segment 3 is acknowledged to be the least impactful part, at least via Harris County's lawsuit, so I don't think its surprising its moving forward. In fact, I think in the other thread even the most ardent posters against the construction don't mind segment 3 going forward. I just say that to say that one segment isn't quite like the other and action on one part shouldn't mean that the whole project is moving forward. I hope Anomaly is here to stay (for a good while).

True Anomaly is a great vibe. The beer is very interesting, they fill a niche in the Houston Market that is sorely over looked (emphasis on sours and tripels/dubels and higher ABV beer). Its a great spot to ride your bike to. Their tripel is good. 

• Like 4

On 5/31/2021 at 4:29 PM, hindesky said:

Do they have plans on moving? Those blocks next to 59/69 are all going away for the new highway.

I heard through the grapevine that they're planning for a space on Live Oak that fronts the tap trail. If that info is correct, my guess would be 905 or 908 Live Oak.

And I'll add my $0.02 to the hat and concur that their beer is great. They focus on Sours and Belgians, but they have a pretty wide selection. And the guys that run it are great too.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, X.R. said:

Segment 3 is acknowledged to be the least impactful part, at least via Harris County's lawsuit, so I don't think its surprising its moving forward. In fact, I think in the other thread even the most ardent posters against the construction don't mind segment 3 going forward. I just say that to say that one segment isn't quite like the other and action on one part shouldn't mean that the whole project is moving forward. I hope Anomaly is here to stay (for a good while).

True Anomaly is a great vibe. The beer is very interesting, they fill a niche in the Houston Market that is sorely over looked (emphasis on sours and tripels/dubels and higher ABV beer). Its a great spot to ride your bike to. Their tripel is good. 

the thing is, the letter from the federal highway dudes doesn't seem to have a caveat that says 'segment 3 is ok to keep going' 

further, in the i45 thread, there appears to be a letter asking for clarity on what is meant by the 'further contract solicitations'. 

basically, if work is continuing, the county doesn't believe it should, under any circumstances, for any of the segments.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1