Houston Community College Katy Campus

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighborhood/katy/article/Start-in-Katy-finish-in-Katy-HCC-to-open-16185310.php#photo-21006032

Some walls are up, lots of dirt work done, can't see it getting any prettier based on the Chron story. Then again, I guess as long as it works, it's sufficient. Just wish they had shown a bit of imagination like the UH building several hundred meters away.

IMG_0032.jpg

• Like 6

this is such a salty post and project title.  What did HCC do to you???  this building looks to be the very definition of vanilla ice cream.  Not bad, not good....  I for one am happy to see HCC being restrained and responsible steward of our TAX DOLLARS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

this is such a salty post and project title.  What did HCC do to you???  this building looks to be the very definition of vanilla ice cream.  Not bad, not good....  I for one am happy to see HCC being restrained and responsible steward of our TAX DOLLARS. 

I am a huge fan and former employee of HCC. I think they are a super asset to the community. I also think this is an ugly building, no two ways around it. The UH-Victoria building in Katy is at least somewhat interesting -- 012KatyBldg-1000x640.jpg

• Like 2

I like the juxtaposition between the community college and the university. HCC looks simple but effective. By the way, is it called the University of Houston Victoria Katy....

• Highrise Tower changed the title to Houston Community College Katy Campus