Hunt, TX

hindesky

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

let's hope that's all he's hiding.  

@Hindesky - Is that the Guadalupe down there making the fog?  Love it out there.   

Yes, Hwy 39, one of the prettiest drives in Texas is the loop of Tx 39, US 83, Tx 41 and Tx 1340, start and finish at the Hunt store.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

When I go to my mothers I sometimes ride the loop on my bike. It's 63 miles. I have also driven visitors around the loop in the early evening and you can see all kinds of exotic animals behind the the tall fences coming out to feed. The original Stonehenge II and the 2 Easter Islands replicas used to be off Tx 1340 until the heirs sold the property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge_II

XPNkpXz.jpg

CkXz0Ip.jpg

• The title was changed to Hunt, TX
  • 1 year later...

Went to my mother's house in Hunt, Tx to celebrate her 83rd birthday. Brother came from Santa Cruz, Ca and my nephew from Austin with his wife and their 14 month old also showed up. 

Px5Ur9H.jpg

FNju6iS.jpg

y5TbR36.jpg

zNdtFt0.jpg

wougT22.jpg

Late Sunday afternoon we had a severe thunderstorm move in, all my weather apps warned of hail so I moved my car under a couple of Cedar trees. I did this because of seeing several post online of giant hail around the state the last several days. When I went out to do it they were marble sized but quickly became golf ball sized and then baseball size. Nephew and brother didn't and both their vehicles got lots of dents on their hoods, roofs and doors. Nephew's car had a side mirror broken out. My brother's vehicle was a rental.

pAyfu3q.jpg

AHCzl37.jpg

XYBO8JY.jpg

dp55m2X.jpg

9QsExHw.jpg

nA9CPpx.jpg

Next day we went to the river crossing on 1340 because it has a shallow rock bottom that would be perfect for the child to get in the water under the careful watch of mom and dad. Water was too warm but felt good in the 104˚ heat.

2o6sEPI.jpg

hFwuggC.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Shortly after she moved in she started doing a Bed and Breakfast using a local service to book clients. It was called Guesthouse Schmidt which booked houses in Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Ingram, Boerne and other Hill Country cities. After she moved away she continued it and hired housekeepers to maintain it. Then Airbnb was created and my brother hooked her up with that online service, on the other services she had to pay 20% of the money she earned but Airbnb charged the renters so she made more money. She was living in Arkansas with her boyfriend and had great reviews and many repeat customers. She has since moved back but is not renting it out anymore. She called it Kindred Spirits Tree House.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

4 minutes of the Total Eclipse at my mothers' house in Hunt. Hopefully the clouds cooperate.

On April 8, Texas observers from Eagle Pass to Clarksville will see a total eclipse of the sun. For Lone Star viewers, it’ll be the first time the state has been inside the path of totality – where the moon’s shadow completely obscures the sun – for nearly 150 years. The 2024 total eclipse differs from last autumn’s annular eclipse that left a “ring of fire'' visible around the edge of the moon as it covered the sun.

Beginning just after 1:30 p.m. CT and continuing until about 1:50, Texas residents within the 115-mile wide band will begin to see the moon move in front of the sun. People farther away from the center of the path will experience the full effects for a shorter amount of time.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/projects/2024/total-solar-eclipse-where-to-watch/

U3m3xn9.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...