1.91-Acres For Sale At 5802 Westheimer Rd.

Property is currently owned by Hillstone Restaurant Group, and used to be the site of a Romano's Macaroni Grill, which is visible on Google Maps street view if you go back a few years. The restaurant is visible, with a for sale sign, on the 2017 street view, but is gone on the 2018 street view. Hillstone acquired the property from  DB Five LP in 2017. That transaction is not reflected in HCAD. 

I believe Hillstone owns Houston's Restaurants, now rebranded to Hillstone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ross said:

I believe Hillstone owns Houston's Restaurants, now rebranded to Hillstone.

From what I can tell, Hillstone owns roughly two dozen restaurants around the country, half of which were rebranded to Hillstone's and half of which retained the Houston's branding. Paradoxically, the sole surviving Houston's actually in Houston (the one on Kirby at Westpark) was rebranded to Hillstone's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

From what I can tell, Hillstone owns roughly two dozen restaurants around the country, half of which were rebranded to Hillstone's and half of which retained the Houston's branding. Paradoxically, the sole surviving Houston's actually in Houston (the one on Kirby at Westpark) was rebranded to Hillstone's. 

As a complete coincidence, we ate there today. First time in ages for me. Wife and kid eat there from time to time. Hickory Burger was pretty much the same as always, but we ate an early lunch, so no crowd.

I'm guessing Hillstone bought the property on Westheimer with thoughts of building a restaurant, and never got it off the ground. With property prices the way they are, I bet they make some profit on the sale.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 1.91-Acres For Sale At Westheimer Rd. Near Bering Dr.
  • 1 year later...

It would greatly help if the address was included in the title versus the current title: "1.91-acres for sale at Westheimer Rd near Bering Dr." 

The address for the property is 5802 Westheimer Rd. This is helpful to know so people can find this to post updates (since building permits and real estate listings typically include addresses). Also, it helps to avoid duplicate topics.

I was almost about to create a topic for this property because searching by address didn't yield any results. Instead, I typed in the name of the business that previously occupied the property. While there still isn't an address anywhere in this topic, reading through the comments confirmed the property is 5802 Westheimer Rd. This should be included in the topic title.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:57 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Noticed this CBRE billboard on Westheimer. Who owned the land for parking? Was it the church or library? Wonder what will happen here.

yYGAyy3.jpg

5802 Westheimer Rd is still on the market. The site was previously home to Romano's Macaroni Grill restaurant.

CBRE is no longer marketing the property on behalf of the landowner. Instead, Jolink Wallace Commercial is brokering the sale of 5802 Westheimer Rd.

More about 5802 Westheimer from the sales listing:

• A rare 1.92 acre site in the heart of the Uptown/Galleria Districts of Houston, Texas

Below are the latest marketing materials for 5802 Westheimer Rd. I think the brochure was last updated in June.

https://jolinkwallace.com/property/5802-westheimer/

https://jolinkwallace.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/5802-Westheimer-061723.pdf

https://www.crexi.com/properties/1049950/texas-5802-westheimer-rd

zVLXkx0.jpg

dKDDfDa.jpg

pNvXm1B.jpg

kvM4SiF.jpg

2 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Aerial photos of 5802 Westheimer Rd included in recent marketing materials for 5802 Westheimer Rd. The property is still available for sale.

bINHGEN.jpg

2pSwawm.jpg

hfotbq3.jpg

6cpdmXm.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1.91-Acres For Sale At 5802 Westheimer Rd.