London House River Oaks: Condominium High-Rise At 2323 San Felipe St.

Highrise Tower

• 4 weeks later...

New Randall Davis condo with 23 units

https://londonhousehouston.com

i couldn't grab a picture but he’s go a banner on the property too.

Only 23 residences are planned for this boutique midrise condo in the heart of River Oaks. The timeless design is inspired by the neighboring townhomes and the elegant houses of London. This soon to be treasured development will have expansive views of The Galleria, Downtown, and overlooks the finest neighborhood in Houston.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to London House River Oaks: Condo At 2323 San Felipe St.
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to London House River Oaks: Condo At 2323 San Felipe St.
  • The title was changed to London House River Oaks: Condo Mid-rise At 2323 San Felipe St.
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest update from Randy...

Randall Davis here…I want you to be the first to know about my up-and-coming development LONDON HOUSE. We are in the later stages of design for this curated mid-rise condo. The opening of our Sales Center at 2323 San Felipe in River Oaks is scheduled for September. 

LONDON HOUSE will reflect aspects of residential developments in London, and as importantly will fit nicely with neighboring residential properties. The mid rise will ascend twelve stories and offer 23 exclusive fine-tuned and vastly appointed condos ranging from 2,300 sq. ft. to 4,400 sq. ft. There will be 19 standard homes (with only 3 exclusive homes per floor) and 4 Penthouses on the top two floors.

Each condo will have views to River Oaks and West to the Galleria, or north to River Oaks and East to Downtown. Drone shots will help you determine which view is preferable for you. Each condo will feature a large terrace.

All condos will offer reserved parking and there will be private enclosed garages available as well. Most homes will have private elevator entrances. Simply park and take the elevator which opens into your new home for privacy. Concierge services will be available for your convenience in the lobby. Pet friendly features are in the planning stages.

Take advantage of being one of the first to visit the Sales Center for a private showing as you are one of our preferred clients. Periodic updates will be forthcoming, please take a minute to join the mailing list.

We look forward to you visiting London House!

Randall Davis

• Like 7

On 7/15/2021 at 2:04 PM, Urbannizer said:

8 floors

s4rCgKK.jpg

What on earth are "curated" condos? What does that even mean? And how can it be "iconic" before it is even built? 

More than the usual amount of marketing blather here. Surprised it's not "artisanal". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, db650 said:

12 stories? Taller than I thought. I guess we need the podium parking finished in the Randall Davis signature way on top of the residences. 

5hze0v.jpg.45af28121603986bc900b067437b7fc4.jpg

This is mostly in jest. The podiums might be ugly, but at least he gets things built.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Subdude said:

What on earth are "curated" condos? What does that even mean? And how can it be "iconic" before it is even built? 

More than the usual amount of marketing blather here. Surprised it's not "artisanal". 

I've always loved his promotional angle solely for the weirdness. My favorites include...

-Multiple projects referring to "made to measure" residences. That line shows up in copy for just about every project of his I can recall at some point.

-"When asked to describe (multiple projects), Randall Davis would say.... "It's the steadfast refusal to compromise". I think that started with Titan and was repurposed for Astoria, among others.

-How Mr. Marlowe thought you were an idiot because you rented your residence instead of owning it. He did have some insights that were... interesting for those who might move to his home.

-Choosing the designer for the lobby & amenities areas for Astoria and Arabella based on their work for Christian Louboutin stores. Reasonably certain the design budget for both of those projects were blown solely on those spaces

The final designs are generally not something I'd hope for, but I always bake that into the cake when I see a pitch from his company - so I'm never really that disappointed. That began after we all realized that the Cosmo wasn't going to get that waterfall thing fronting Post Oak. I was pleasantly surprised with Chateau Ten though. Arabella even to some extent, even after the changes.

Who knows what will come of this? I'm sure it'll be... something.

I think that's about all of us can expect at this point. "Something".

Apologies for the tangent.

• Like 6

• The title was changed to London House River Oaks: Condo Mid-Rise At 2323 San Felipe St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Astrohip,

In prior correspondence I indicated we were working to open our Sales Gallery in September. However, the permitting Department at the City of Houston is inundated with permit requests and is further compromised by employee absences. Because interest in our twelve-story tower continues to grow, we are going to open our Sales Gallery in my personal offices at 1210 W. Clay, The Tribeca Lofts bldg. some 10 blocks from London House. You can expect to be contacted for a private, personal presentation within the next 30 days. My sales team will contact the large number of registered clients in the order in which received. Thank you for your interest. 

In the interim, marketing materials are being created. These will include but not be limited to: renderings, drone views, completed floor plans, Standard features, Penthouse features, and an extensive list of upgrades available to all clients. In addition to our  “best of the best” features and finishes, it is important to note that early buyers have the ability to fully customize the floor plan of their choice, combine residences, or purchase an entire floor. 

In a world continually changing, features relating to home health have become of paramount importance. I have therefore included several additions to our standard building specifications which address this important issue for your benefit.

Also, on display will be a vast selection of cabinet finishes from Eggersmann cabinetry, a world renowned 100-year-old German firm with a beautiful showroom at the Design Center on Woodway. You will have the opportunity to work with one of Eggersmann’s “ORGANIZERS” to assist you in your favored kitchen and closet designs. An extensive selection of wood flooring will be on display along with a variety of stone selections.

I have also chosen Select Title at 2229 San Felipe (1/2 block away from the site) for their expert service. They will also provide the rare opportunity of giving you a “birds eye” look at the views over River Oaks, Downtown, and the Galleria. This is made possible because they have access to an observation deck on the 9th floor. Get ready, the views are breathtaking in every direction!

So, in summary, we are a step or two away from making our London House presentation a reality. And, as per my many other developments, an early buyer discount will be in effect. You will be offered floor plans ranging in size from 2,300 sq. Ft. to 4,400 sq. Ft Penthouses or an entire floor. I suggest that you do not hesitate on a buying decision as this very, very, exclusive address in River Oaks is limited to 23 exceptionally fine-tuned and curated residences. We look forward to making London House your new home in Houston.

Sincerely – Randall Davis

• Like 4

I believe the part about the lag in permitting. When I was still working in Houston for a small boutique firm, even the "expedited" permitting route would take months, and that was pre-covid. Now that everyone and their mother is in a rush to build build build because who knows what will happen next, plus staff shortages?....yikes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to London House River Oaks: Condo High-Rise At 2323 San Felipe St.

It looks like he already has much of the value engineering built into the initial render. If he can actually pull off the painted brick, it would be miles better than the stucco he's had on his recent builds. The white stucco just always looks incomplete to me, like it's waiting for another coat of paint or a metal panel to be installed over it...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J Money said:

It looks like he already has much of the value engineering built into the initial render. If he can actually pull off the painted brick, it would be miles better than the stucco he's had on his recent builds. The white stucco just always looks incomplete to me, like it's waiting for another coat of paint or a metal panel to be installed over it...

I'm not sure we have a picture of the back of the building yet -- so I'm sure there's more to come!

• Haha 4