Sunrise Lofts: Multifamily At 3103 McKinney St.

phillip_white

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, E.Res said:

There is no public transportation on McKinney. The closest bus stop is on Polk. The closest light rail station is at the soccer stadium. 

An efficient bus system cannot come to everyone's front door. A 3 block walk to Polk on a protected hike/bike trail does not seem unreasonable. But, for what it's worth, East End Management District is looking into either adding an additional light rail stop or adding bus service down McKinney. And the closest light rail stops are currently Leeland on the Purple Line and Coffee Plant on the Green Line. But at half a mile away, I would say those are unrealistic commuting options without a bicycle and lots of courage to deal with cars/trains.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, E.Res said:

There is no public transportation on McKinney. The closest bus stop is on Polk. The closest light rail station is at the soccer stadium. 

Sometimes the 29 bus goes down McKinney when there is a train stopped across Lockwood

does that count?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the breakdown of how many of these 40 low income housing projects are going where. Like how many in Memorial, or Tanglewood or Briar grove, or Meyerland. 

It seems like they are all focused in the east side and the third ward, and I would imagine the fourth and fifth wards and perhaps the north side.

It's the same song fifteenth verse. Just stick them in the lower income neighborhoods so they can continue to struggle. Talking about a bunch of nimbys.

• 2 weeks later...