An excavator was on this site today. I saw it on the drive into Uptown. I will try to get pictures of the site soon.

I had forgotten about this one. Too many developments to remember and many times its easy to forget about them if we are not here talking about them everyday.

• Like 1

An excavator was on this site today. I saw it on the drive into Uptown. I will try to get pictures of the site soon.

Yeah, the buildings are totally gone.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbokm6ztbblle2k/AAAVq3DNrqHTZRtQMRrHmwzAa?dl=0

Bunch of pics I took over several days, and a few videos that I have not had the time to go through. Was able to get so close since I actually live in the remaining building.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as though there was a for lease sign on the pad next to the engagement ring store along the feeder next to the West Loop.

yeah theres a green and white sign up. i tried to get a picture as i was zooming by at 60mph but the picture is blurry, and the sign was crooked/leaning over for some reason the day i drove by.

• Like 1

I had forgotten about this one. Too many developments to remember and many times its easy to forget about them if we are not here talking about them everyday.

Yes - in addition to this one, there is Amegy Bank's building on the old Micro Center site. (To say nothing of Skyhouse, the Davis condo and all the projects on the other side of the freeway). 

I think this demolition that you see is Randall Davis' new 100-unit Westcreek condo tower.  As much I would have LOVED to see the office tower get up and running, I believe that Peloton had an option on the land, announced the Westcreek Centre office tower, was unable to get financing in order, the option ran out, and the land owner did not extend it.  So I think this is a dead project.

I think this demolition that you see is Randall Davis' new 100-unit Westcreek condo tower.  As much I would have LOVED to see the office tower get up and running, I believe that Peloton had an option on the land, announced the Westcreek Centre office tower, was unable to get financing in order, the option ran out, and the land owner did not extend it.  So I think this is a dead project.

I hope that you are wrong about this.

I thought the HBJ reported that Randall Davis' condominium was on the 1.8 acre parcel he purchased along San Felipe:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/09/29/exclusive-new-luxury-condominium-high-rise-planned.html

The Westcreek Tower was to be on the 3.7 acre parcel abutting Westcreek and the northbound West Loop feeder.

• Like 1

So, this tower is dead. However, is the RD tower going to be on the Westcreek center site or the site abutting San Felipe?

Edit: It occurs to me that allthingshouston may have referred to demolition on this site as a laydown for the Randall Davis tower, similar to the bulldozing that occurred on the Landry's HQ site that was used for the Astoria's construction.

Edited by houstontexasjack

On the bright side this land will probably be sold off to someone that will propose a nice midrise infill or a highrise MF or a few highrises for hotels or MF or office.

Literally prime real estate and location. Will be scooped up fast.

likely true although MF equity is drying up pretty quickly, especially for highrises - there's a general consensus that we may be overbuilding that sector and many of the major players are taking a wait and see approach to see how the market absorbs all the current projects u/c.

likely true although MF equity is drying up pretty quickly, especially for highrises - there's a general consensus that we may be overbuilding that sector and many of the major players are taking a wait and see approach to see how the market absorbs all the current projects u/c.

I think we will start to see more projects get canceled or delayed, especially so given the dramatic decline in oil prices.  Probably a good thing that MF development takes a deep breath.

Single Family still has catching up to do. I think we are in for a price correction once single family supply starts to catch up with demand. A nearer term drop in oil prices might bode well for certain projects--Chevron might wish to spend capital on its Downtown tower while there is less to pressure to invest additional capital in exploration for new production.

I have no idea when that supply is supposed to catch up with demand. There are shortages of everything in this town - concrete, labor, lots, people to approve the permits - and home sales are still claiming 7,000 units a quarter. As long as job creation is over 100,000 a year, there will be no shortage of need.

As for Chevron, if their revenues start hurting that will only delay the tower. But absent a national recession prices won't stay down for too long. 

Maybe this is still alive? Possibly more of a delay than being cancelled.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Tall-buildings-to-arise-near-River-Oaks-District-5828150.php#/0

An office building, a hotel and two additional high-rise apartment building are planned on the remaining Westcreek property, Brand said.