Paco Jones

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am obsessed with the future development of Navigation / Canal /Commerce. 

• There is a rotary / roundabout coming to replace the intersection at Jensen and Navigation / Runnels
  • Rumor has it that the Lumber Yard on Canal and Commerce was sold to the developers of Kemah Boardwalk (Landrys?)  Any truth to this ?

1 hour ago, DJF said:

• There is a rotary / roundabout coming to replace the intersection at Jensen and Navigation / Runnels
  • Rumor has it that the Lumber Yard on Canal and Commerce was sold to the developers of Kemah Boardwalk (Landrys?)  Any truth to this ?

I asked the bartender at Moon Tower if he had heard anything about the Pruitt that was recently sold and he told me it was Fertitta that had purchased it. If this was a large coordinated play, that would be WILD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJF said:

@DJF Where did you hear this rumor?

Can anyone find the "for sale" page for Olshan? If not, that could be the case. Especially since they were attempting to sell it in parcels.

Edited by ljchou

16 minutes ago, ljchou said:

@DJF Where did you hear this rumor?

Can anyone find the "for sale" page for Olshan? If not, that could be the case. Especially since they were attempting to sell it in parcels.

I think it is here -- it does say under contract :O

https://www.us.jll.com/en/investorcenter/land-development-site/12-acre-infill-oz-development-opportunity-with-adaptive-reuse-buildings-houston-houston-tx-unitedstates

image.png.cb55d1337b35cfcfb8a4aeda6cecaf64.png

Edited by sapo2367
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ljchou said:

I was promptly reminded by my partner that Landry's developments are "gaudy light shows" so let's pray to the real estate gods that we don't get an Aquarium, Kemah or TRex Cafe

34 minutes ago, Andrew Ewert said:

Not that Tillman Fertitta hasn't done a lot of good for the city of Houston, but man it would be a bummer if any sort of Landry's project showed up in East End/EaDo. Just not a fit for the neighborhood at all. :/

Because all Landry's projects are exactly the same?

Downtown Aquarium

Downtown Westin Hotel/Vic & Anthony's

The Post Oak

Kemah Boardwalk

Galveston Pleasure Pier

San Luis Resort 

Edited by Houston19514
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Because all Landry's projects are exactly the same?

Downtown Aquarium

Downtown Westin Hotel/Vic & Anthony's

The Post Oak

Kemah Boardwalk

Galveston Pleasure Pier

San Luis Resort 

They're all basically amusement park-like or luxury experiencel. I'm hoping it's not the former.

• Like 3

What, y'all aren't hype for a 12.125 acre Joe's Crab Shack and bulldozing the Pruitt garage for valet parking?! Come on!

All jokes aside, as a UH alumni, obviously I love Tillman, but I agree that many of his ventures don't seem like a natural fit in the neighborhood. But hey, maybe they are branching out and diversifying their portfolio.

Also, @Moderators, can we please move all the Olshan/Pruitt/Tillman rumor posts into the existing Olshan thread over in the East End sub?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, JBTX said:

What, y'all aren't hype for a 12.125 acre Joe's Crab Shack and bulldozing the Pruitt garage for valet parking?! Come on!

All jokes aside, as a UH alumni, obviously I love Tillman, but I agree that many of his ventures don't seem like a natural fit in the neighborhood. But hey, maybe they are branching out and diversifying their portfolio.

Also, @Moderators, can we please move all the Olshan/Pruitt/Tillman rumor posts into the existing Olshan thread over in the East End sub?

I'm hoping for the largest concept Rainforest Cafe in the country. 

Not a big Tilman fan (ruined my Rockets in a blink of an eye because he wouldn't let the GM at the time do his job). I think he's nothing but a salesman who will cut bait if things get rough, but I'm curious what this ends up being. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was doing some random research in to mob families of Texas and the Tilman's ran Galveston along with the Maceo family back in the day. No surprise he's made a fortune in the industry he's in and probably says a lot about how he runs things. I would love to see something more upscale and classy from him, similar to what he did in Uptown. My ONLY hope is that the little red brick building on the property stays but knowing Tilman I won't hold my breath. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 3