2817 W. Dallas St. - 2.57-Acres For Sale

My husband and I always do the same old, same old. Birthdays, anniversaries, life's other victories.

Where do you go when you're celebrating a special occasion or big win?

I celebrate a lot of birthdays, etc... I am the "party planner" for my group of friends/relatives... these are my faves [Dollar signs are my own emphasis]. Also, try b4-u-eat.com for reviews.

Downtown -

*Sambuca - great for celebrations

*Bossa ($$) 610 Main

*Mia Bella - Main - my fave restaurant, but sadly the staff has changed recently.

Midtown

*Damian's ($$$) 3011 Smith - classic Italian

Montrose / Shepherd -

*Vincent's / Nino's / Grappino di Nino ($$) 2701 W. Dallas

http://www.ninos-vincents.com/

Nino

• 14 years later...

The wording of this ad perplexes me:
"Look! An opportunity to buy an historic, beloved landmark Houston restaurant, featuring Tuscan-inspired architecture....and tear it down!"

• Like 3

The vast majority of this property is parking and unremarkable small buildings.

Ideally, a potential developer would come in, keep the two buildings facing Dallas and the two nice brick bungalows at the south end of the property, and still have plenty of space to put in a large apartment building on the rest of the apartment. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Yeah, I would presume "redevelopment" includes retaining/accomodating the three operating restaurants.  Hopefully they keep all three of the buildings at the front of the property.  I love Grappino di Nino!

I wouldn't presume that. I too, wish they do keep these old homes - now restaurants. I think it could look really cool to have a Montrose Collective type thing here or a Heights Mercentile... however, I think the safe bet is they are likely torn down.

I hope I am wrong and the buyer only develops the parking lot area (plenty big).

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Avossos said:

I wouldn't presume that. I too, wish they do keep these old homes - now restaurants. I think it could look really cool to have a Montrose Collective type thing here or a Heights Mercentile... however, I think the safe bet is they are likely torn down.

I hope I am wrong and the buyer only develops the parking lot area (plenty big).

So you think the Mandolas are ready to close all three of those restaurants?

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

So you think the Mandolas are ready to close all three of those restaurants?

If I owned the land and the businesses I would shut them down and sell it. The tax appraisal is pretty low and I’m no expert but I figure it would sell for 4 to 10 million.