Harlow District At West Dallas At 2817 W. Dallas St.

Htowngirl

My husband and I always do the same old, same old. Birthdays, anniversaries, life's other victories.

Where do you go when you're celebrating a special occasion or big win?

I celebrate a lot of birthdays, etc... I am the "party planner" for my group of friends/relatives... these are my faves [Dollar signs are my own emphasis]. Also, try b4-u-eat.com for reviews.

Downtown -

*Sambuca - great for celebrations

*Bossa ($$) 610 Main

*Mia Bella - Main - my fave restaurant, but sadly the staff has changed recently.

Midtown

*Damian's ($$$) 3011 Smith - classic Italian

Montrose / Shepherd -

*Vincent's / Nino's / Grappino di Nino ($$) 2701 W. Dallas

http://www.ninos-vincents.com/

Nino

• Like 1

• 14 years later...

The vast majority of this property is parking and unremarkable small buildings.

Ideally, a potential developer would come in, keep the two buildings facing Dallas and the two nice brick bungalows at the south end of the property, and still have plenty of space to put in a large apartment building on the rest of the apartment. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Yeah, I would presume "redevelopment" includes retaining/accomodating the three operating restaurants.  Hopefully they keep all three of the buildings at the front of the property.  I love Grappino di Nino!

I wouldn't presume that. I too, wish they do keep these old homes - now restaurants. I think it could look really cool to have a Montrose Collective type thing here or a Heights Mercentile... however, I think the safe bet is they are likely torn down.

I hope I am wrong and the buyer only develops the parking lot area (plenty big).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Avossos said:

I wouldn't presume that. I too, wish they do keep these old homes - now restaurants. I think it could look really cool to have a Montrose Collective type thing here or a Heights Mercentile... however, I think the safe bet is they are likely torn down.

I hope I am wrong and the buyer only develops the parking lot area (plenty big).

So you think the Mandolas are ready to close all three of those restaurants?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

So you think the Mandolas are ready to close all three of those restaurants?

If I owned the land and the businesses I would shut them down and sell it. The tax appraisal is pretty low and I’m no expert but I figure it would sell for 4 to 10 million. 

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, Highrise Tower said:

TKG Holdings is either in the process of buying or may have already purchased the parcels located at 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue. The company is from local hospitality group the Kirby Group.

The purchase is not visible in the county records yet, but could be soon. The Loopnet listing for the lots shows the listing was last updated June 28, 2022 and is under contract again. It's possibly an indication of the Kirby Group's purchase.

TKG Holdings filed an entity for W Dallas Interest, LLC in May. Once the sale is complete (if it's not completed already), county records will show W Dallas Interest as the new owner.

Longtime Italian restaurants Nino's, Vincent's, and Grappino's Di Nino from the Mandola family occupy the lots.

spacer.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to 2.57-Acres For Sale At 2817 W. Dallas St.

The Kirby Group recently dropped a hint of what may become of the parcels at 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue.

About three days ago, the Kirby Group announced an upcoming concept on Instagram named Verde or Verde Garden. The post is geotagged in the Heights. However, the new project will likely replace Grappino's Di Nino at 11011 La Rue St, Suite C.

Verde will center on Tex-Mex fare, cocktails, and beers, according to its logo and hashtags on Instagram.

As for Vincent's, which is located at 2701 West Dallas, it could close too. A trade name filed with the state two months ago indicates the group may have plans for a concept possibly named Katami.

I do not know if the Kirby Group will keep Nino's open or not at 2817 West Dallas. However, an entity filing seems to hint Nino's could live on for a while longer under the group's management.

The Kirby Group operates several dining and bar establishments around Houston, which include:

• Pitch 25

• Holman Draft Hall

• Wooster's Garden

• Worcester's Annex

• Heights Bier Garten

• Diversiòn

• Degust

Verde Garden's Instagram:

https://instagram.com/verdegardenhtx

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

As for Vincent's, which is located at 2701 West Dallas, it could close too. A trade name filed with the state two months ago indicates the group may have plans for a concept possibly named Katami.

In regards to Katami - the possible dining or nightlife concept that might replace Vincent's restaurant at 2701 W Dallas St - an entity filing offers a few clues.

TKG Holdings registered the entity Vincent HTX LLC in May, listing local restaurateur Yun Cheng as manager. Cheng is the proprietor of hospitality company the Azuma Group (I think he's still involved the company). Restaurants operating under the hospitality company's umbrella include Izakaya, Kata Robata, and Soma Sushi.

Upon first notice of Katami, I thought this could be a Japanese dining concept. Cheng's involvement seems to hint Katami may indeed be a Japanese restaurant. Hopefully, details will follow in the coming months.

23 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

TKG Holdings is either in the process of buying or may have already purchased the parcels located at 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue. The company is from local hospitality group the Kirby Group.

The purchase is not visible in the county records yet, but could be soon. The Loopnet listing for the lots shows the listing was last updated June 28, 2022 and is under contract again. It's possibly an indication of the Kirby Group's purchase.

TKG Holdings filed an entity for W Dallas Interest, LLC in May. Once the sale is complete (if it's not completed already), county records will show W Dallas Interest as the new owner.

Longtime Italian restaurants Nino's, Vincent's, and Grappino's Di Nino from the Mandola family occupy the lots.

A slight correction regarding the group/groups purchasing the the parcels located at 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue:

TKG Holdings, the real estate arm of the Kirby Group, isn't the only buyer of the West Dallas street property. Houston-based development company Oxberry Group appears to be involved with the sale too.

An entity for AGH MM, LLC was filed in May. It is tied to Oxberry Group. The same month, W Dallas Interest, LLC (TKG Holdings) and AGH MM, LLC (Oxberry Group) established the entity Harlow District LLC.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, Texasota said:

The vast majority of this property is parking and unremarkable small buildings.

Ideally, a potential developer would come in, keep the two buildings facing Dallas and the two nice brick bungalows at the south end of the property, and still have plenty of space to put in a large apartment building on the rest of the apartment. 

On 4/12/2021 at 10:27 AM, Avossos said:

I too, wish they do keep these old homes - now restaurants. I think it could look really cool to have a Montrose Collective type thing here or a Heights Mercentile... however, I think the safe bet is they are likely torn down.

On 7/16/2022 at 4:42 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

An entity for AGH MM, LLC was filed in May. It is tied to Oxberry Group. The same month, W Dallas Interest, LLC (TKG Holdings) and AGH MM, LLC (Oxberry Group) established the entity Harlow District LLC.

It appears the parcels located at 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue may be more than restaurants.

As noted in the above post,  TKG Holdings (the Kirby Group) and Oxberry Group established the entity Harlow District LLC in May. The same month, trademark filings connected to the entity were registered. Those filings were Harlow District and Harlow District at West Dallas.

Description for Harlow District at West Dallas' trademark registration states the following:

Harlow District at West Dallas trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of leasing of real estate in the nature of apartments, office space, bar and restaurants, and shopping center space; Leasing of real estate; Real estate management; Real estate management of commercial, residential, mixed-used, and shopping center properties; Real estate management services relating to shopping centers; Shopping center services, namely, rental of shopping center space.

So, Harlow District at West Dallas (or may be named Harlow District) is a partnership venture between Oxberry Group and TKG Holdings. It is possible this could be a collection of buildings for retail businesses. Another possibility is a mixed-use development that could include offices and/or residential, plus retail.

As mentioned a few posts up, Nino's may remain operational at Harlow District at West Dallas. But entity filings seem to indicate Grappino's Di Nino and Vincent's could be on the chopping block. A concept possibly replacing Grappino's Di Nino was announced earlier this week on Instagram (more about in above posts). 

There is a website for Harlow District at West Dallas; however, it is set to private. The contact page is visible. Shown on the contact page is the location, which lines up with the addresses 2817 W Dallas St, 2701 W Dallas St, and 1011 La Rue. Also listed, the developers: Oxberry Group and TKG Holdings.

I suspect additional details will be revealed in the coming months.

https://harlowdistrict.com

spacer.png

https://harlowdistrict.com/contact

spacer.png

• Like 4

This is a marketing video for Harlow District at West Dallas uploaded in April. The address listed for the development is 2817 W Dallas St.

It seems Harlow District will include the former site of the Printing Museum at 1324 W Clay St. It will also include a warehouse at 1214 Joe Annie St.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/700605663

Screenshots from the video:

spacer.png

spacer.png

EOuKTXa.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Harlow District At West Dallas At 2817 W. Dallas St.
  • 3 weeks later...

"The 2.57-acre compound where the restaurants are situated, as been purchased by an affiliate of Oxberry Group and TKG Capital Partners which together plan to revitalize the buildings to create a new dining destination called the Harlow District, according to a press release Monday."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/Trio-of-Mandola-restaurants-on-West-Dallas-to-17342962.php

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, hindesky said:

"The 2.57-acre compound where the restaurants are situated, as been purchased by an affiliate of Oxberry Group and TKG Capital Partners which together plan to revitalize the buildings to create a new dining destination called the Harlow District, according to a press release Monday."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/Trio-of-Mandola-restaurants-on-West-Dallas-to-17342962.php

More from the press release about Harlow District from CultureMap:

"...the firms plan to redevelop the property, including the nearby Printing Museum (1324 W Clay St) and The [Houston Alumni & Youth Center] HAY Center building [at 1216 W Clay St] (known to some as the old American Legion Post building). Dubbed the Harlow District, plans call for the development to include six food and beverage concepts, the first of which is slated to open in late 2022. The restaurants will share more than 250 parking spots, according to a site plan provided by the developers."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/08-01-22-ninos-vincents-italian-restaurants-closing-vincent-mandola-harlow-district/

Harlow District site plan:
spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, crock said:

it's really such a shame the Printing Museum was so mismanaged that they put their building up for collateral and have now lost it.   

According to their website, they sold the building in May 2021. It seems they stayed in the building and open until May/June of this year and are now relocating to Midtown. Per their website and Facebook page, they seem to be very active and preparing to open in their new space.  

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to The Harlow District At West Dallas (2817 W. Dallas St.)
  • The title was changed to Harlow District At West Dallas At 2817 W. Dallas St.
20 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Per their website and Facebook page, they seem to be very active and preparing to open in their new space.  

Their new space is 3121 San Jacinto (NE corner of San Jacinto and Elgin Streets).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 004n063 said:

Are they demolishing the apartments there?

The 1920's apartments are across the street. The Printing Museum will be (I assume) in that 50's or 60's office building with the decorative cement blocks. 
It's about the same size as their former facility, maybe a smidge larger. Seems like a good match.