La Guadalupana At 2109 Dunlavy St.

hindesky

Community Impact Newspapers has a section in the Heights, River Oaks, Montrose Edition about stories called  "After a year of adjustments, an opportunity for optimism"

One of the stories is about my favorite little family owned restaurant in Montrose. It's called "La Gudalupana" a tiny little 10 table bakery and restaurant serving baked goods and delicious Mexico food. I've been going there for 16 yrs since I moved to Montrose. One of my favorite things I get there are their delicious Migas. I tried almost everything on their menu but that is my go to for breakfast. I eat them so much that I've tried to venture out and try them at other Mexican restaurants and I always regret doing so. I tell myself 'don't ever do this again, and now I don't. Anyway they had a story about them in this months issue.......

1hBEC07.png

It is good to  see La Gudalupana getting the kudos it deserves. It's one of those "little known" (thanks for outing it hindesky 😀) treasures you can take your out-of-town guests to and amaze them with your gastronomical prowess. Now I'm hungry and I've already had dinner.

2 hours ago, Texasota said:

Is it little known though? 

Well, yes and no, it is known among the cognoscenti but probably not by folks outside the loop. That is why it has been a staple of the community for a while. In fact, it can be absolutely crowded sometimes which is completely understandable. I just hope increased popularity doesn't cause a decreased quality. I've seen that happen before.

2 hours ago, Texasota said:

• The title was changed to La Guadalupana - 2109 Dunlavy St.
  • The title was changed to La Guadalupana At 2109 Dunlavy St.

Archived