Hay Center Campus: 3131 Gulf Freeway

Urbannizer

22 hours ago, strickn said:

Aren't there noise and asthma/air quality reasons not to put a residence for young adults along Gulf Freeway?  Even in the middle of Houston Botanic Garden you can't forget the uncomfortably close sounds of this traffic.

Forget the freeway, have you heard the trains horns all night long?

• Like 1

This seems to be divided into 3 sections. The section next to the feeder, the biggest section in the middle with the horses and a section next to Leeland St. The dividing line to the section is only a fence that surrounds the middle horse section. I wonder if they will subdivide this. There are "For Sale "signs on the 2 end sections.

The freeway section.....screen grab.

PTWIke1.jpg

The horse section, the biggest by far....... my pic.

iejAdhF.jpg

The north small section on Leeland St..... screen grab. Each end section has different broker.

A7OIKQy.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

The trains have been blaring all night long for decades. At least that's what long time residences say when people complain on NextDoor.

Living in the area, I also routinely see those comments on NextDoor. Long-term residents essentially bragging about being able to tolerate high-decibel train horns like it’s some sort of badge of honor—unlike all of the new residents, apparently—is the strangest thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, thedistrict84 said:

Living in the area, I also routinely see those comments on NextDoor. Long-term residents essentially bragging about being able to tolerate high-decibel train horns like it’s some sort of badge of honor—unlike all of the new residents, apparently—is the strangest thing.

Complaining about trains is like complaining about the Texas heat. You're an asshole! hahaha

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to New Hay Center Campus: 3131 Gulf Freeway
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Hay Center Campus: 3131 Gulf Freeway
  • 3 weeks later...