Proposed Townhomes On Sampson St.

• 1 month later...

Spoke to a guy named Antonio who is often on the property cleaning up. He mentioned these will likely be townhomes, though he called them "apartments". He pointed to the townhomes at 616 York and said they were by the same owner. Those are built by REME Homes.

He said the same owner is planning a "food court" at the warehouse at 2501 Commerce.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 2:18 PM, ljchou said:

Spoke to a guy named Antonio who is often on the property cleaning up. He mentioned these will likely be townhomes, though he called them "apartments". He pointed to the townhomes at 616 York and said they were by the same owner. Those are built by REME Homes.

He said the same owner is planning a "food court" at the warehouse at 2501 Commerce.

Odd property for a food court but at least that warehouse will be put to good use! Seems like it has been vacant for a couple years now.

The warehouse has some companies in it. I've seen folks trucking in/out. Unsure what.

That said, there is a lot of housing in the area with all the new townhome developments, Forth at Navigation, some of the older townhomes, so, may have a lot of foottraffic. The way I look at it is this: if Tout Suite and Moontower could survive before the townhome density popped off, I'm sure a food court can survive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBTX said:

That said, there is a lot of housing in the area with all the new townhome developments, Forth at Navigation, some of the older townhomes, so, may have a lot of foottraffic. The way I look at it is this: if Tout Suite and Moontower could survive before the townhome density popped off, I'm sure a food court can survive.

There are also a lot of coworking spaces in the area, and with the pandemic subsiding it's likely more workers will be returning and needing nearby lunch (and happy hour?) options.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, linearmovement said:

There are also a lot of coworking spaces in the area, and with the pandemic subsiding it's likely more workers will be returning and needing nearby lunch (and happy hour?) options.

Too true.

• The title was changed to Sampson St. And Harrisburg Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Proposed Townhomes On Sampson St.