City Building Connector To Link White Oak Bayou Greenway Trail With MKT Trail By The Heights

This has been in the works for awhile. Lauren Groves, former CoH Planning Department transportation team member now works for Public Works and mentioned it during the Bicycle Advisory Infrastructure Subcommittee meeting today. 

This has been in the works for a few months as they needed lots of entities to sign off on it.

One thing that was kind of funny was that they weren't sure who was paying for it. I think they decided it might be TXDOT (*cough bloodmoney *cough*)

This has always kind of bewildered me that it has never been done, but here we are!

gCHrrFn.png

RLOBQp0.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is being delayed slightly to an estimated January opening. Construction should be starting in July now (instead of June). 

It was mentioned that it might be completely before the nearby bridge that burned is reopened. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to City Building Connector To Link White Oak Bayou Greenway Trail With MKT Trail By The Heights
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm, i'm guessing when they were planning on repairing the mkt bridge that caught on fire, they realized they could also do some of the prep work for this 850 ft segment.  i really hope the planning for this work was the reason it took so long to get started on the bridge.

21 hours ago, august948 said:

Wait a minute...the graphic says early winter 2022.  That would be Q1 2022.

19 hours ago, samagon said:

or Christmas 2022 lol. they're either going to work Really fast, or Really slow.

If this is the case, then this is why we shouldn't use seasons to convey things. Winter 2022 should not be freaking January 2022.

19 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Laying 850 feet of bike trail in about 5 months is not what I would call "really fast". 

They are building a bridge as part of this.

18 hours ago, TrainTrak said:

hmmm, i'm guessing when they were planning on repairing the mkt bridge that caught on fire, they realized they could also do some of the prep work for this 850 ft segment.  i really hope the planning for this work was the reason it took so long to get started on the bridge.

I don't think so. Houston Parks Board is doing the bridge repair and CoH is doing the MKT connector I think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...