Gasper DeGeorge Mansion At 3504 Montrose Blvd.

gene

The building currently standing across from Soundwaves on Montrose is 3504 Montrose Blvd was built in 1999...and it is called Annunciation Greek Orthodox.

But does anyone know what the building was before that? I really was hoping to find photos...especially of the back of the building/house?  There was a basement entrance etc...

thanks in advance if you can help...haven't been able to find anything with google.

21 hours ago, gene said:

The building currently standing across from Soundwaves on Montrose is 3504 Montrose Blvd was built in 1999...and it is called Annunciation Greek Orthodox.

But does anyone know what the building was before that? I really was hoping to find photos...especially of the back of the building/house?  There was a basement entrance etc...

thanks in advance if you can help...haven't been able to find anything with google.

Prior to the Greek Orthodox building's construction, the lot contained a two-story white stucco house (some might say a mansion).
It featured a port-cochere, and was typical of the style and scale of the early houses built on Montrose Blvd. My understanding was that it remained a single family house, but had been used as a rental property for years.
It was a bit run-down, and people used to joke about spotting Norma Desmond peering through the windows. Still, it was a relic of what once was one of Houston's premier residential streets, and I was sorry to see it go.

• The title was changed to 3504 Montrose Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Gasper DeGeorge Mansion At 3504 Montrose Blvd.

Archived