CVS At 1003 Richmond Ave.

clutchcity94

29 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

Not the best pic, but I noticed all signage has been removed as of this afternoon. With all the recent activity in this area, has this lot also been purchased?

7AE51024-51D0-4BDD-871D-467E484AF7CA.jpeg

I imagine they’re just upgrading/fixing the signs. These guys typically sign very long term leases (25 years plus options) and this was just built recently. 

1 hour ago, HNathoo said:

I imagine they’re just upgrading/fixing the signs. These guys typically sign very long term leases (25 years plus options) and this was just built recently. 

You may be thinking of the CVS at West Alabama and Shepherd, which was just built in 2015.  This was built in 2005.

1 hour ago, gene said:

so half priced books AND half priced drugs?! 😵

(*footnote, i have never tried any alcohol, cigarettes, drugs of any kind in my life... #funfact 🙃 )

No caffeine either?  It's the most common drug of all.

Half price today with the purchase of a second hand book!

16 hours ago, gene said:

haha coffee maaaaaaaaybe once or twice a week but definitely no energy drinks and no sodas for like 20 years...

(*footnote, i have never tried any alcohol, cigarettes, drugs of any kind in my life... #funfact 🙃 )

gene, I applaud your healthy life style. I believe it will serve you well. I was pleased to see CVS discontinue tobacco sales a few years back. I'm not a zealot but I think it is inconsistent for a concern that is supposed to be dedicated to good health to sell some of the things it did and still does.

Of course, taken to an extreme CVS would also have to stop selling energy drinks, sodas made with sugar, most candy, and sugary cereals. I'm sure there are other items too and that would certainly go against the company's business model.

first off, thank you! it was a decision that was brought about from being there for my best friend 24 years ago when he was dealing with drug addition and alcoholism and more...i just wanted to always be there for him and not be part of the problem... (btw he's okay now and sober for 8 years and formed a band called Blue October!)

and yes i definitely understand where you are coming from regarding CVS however these businesses have become more "convenience store" than pharmacy...i remember going to 7/11 or Stop N Go and now instead you go to a CVS or Walgreens

and to keep it even more on subject, it seems like they wouldn't take down signage unless they were ready to replace the same day or next to prevent any confusion so i thought that was kind of weird! 

7 hours ago, gene said:

first off, thank you! it was a decision that was brought about from being there for my best friend 24 years ago when he was dealing with drug addition and alcoholism and more...i just wanted to always be there for him and not be part of the problem... (btw he's okay now and sober for 8 years and formed a band called Blue October!)

and yes i definitely understand where you are coming from regarding CVS however these businesses have become more "convenience store" than pharmacy...i remember going to 7/11 or Stop N Go and now instead you go to a CVS or Walgreens

and to keep it even more on subject, it seems like they wouldn't take down signage unless they were ready to replace the same day or next to prevent any confusion so i thought that was kind of weird! 

That  is kind of strange but maybe they're going to repaint before hanging an new sign?

• The title was changed to CVS At 1003 Richmond Ave.

Archived