New Chain: Dutch Bros Coffee Coming To Houston/Rest Of Texas

Dutch Bros. Coffee(wikipedia article, official website) is a chain of coffee shops that started in Oregon and has a large number of locations mostly on the West Coast and in parts of Mountain West. Basically it's a drive-thru only establishment similar to Sonic but without the awnings, though I'm pretty sure I've seen them with indoor dining areas. Who knows.

image from wikipedia

DB_GPDowntownstore.png

https://www.kxxv.com/brazos/dutch-bros-opens-its-very-first-texas-location-in-college-station

Story about them coming to Houston: https://houston.eater.com/2021/1/7/22218696/dutch-bros-houston-opening-five-locations-2021-2022-texas-expansion

College Station has 1 + 2 more in the area, Houston is getting about 5, Dallas-Fort Worth will have 10 locations, and one just opened in Killeen.

The opened their first location in Texas, actually the first east of the Rockies, in College Station a few weeks ago. I knew about the chain but had never actually been to one to get a drink before until deciding to give it a try while visiting my family who lives up there in CS. My rating for it would 5/5 stars, it was great. Their menu is superficially similar to Starbucks in prices and in that they have hot, iced, and blended coffee drinks plus a few non-coffee iced fruit beverages and some small basic food items like muffins. However unlike Starbucks they have vastly more selection of different flavors (like Banana Bread, Almond, etc) and combos and you get stronger drinks for less I think. They also have nitro coffee. The drink I got was an iced coffee drink, the espresso was better in my opinion(less burnt tasting). Also if you go there on the first of the month you can ask them to give you a collectable sticker/decal thing that's usually some kind of pop culture reference.

I think these will do well here, I now consider them to be much superior to Starbucks and Dunkin, honestly. Who knows. In our area it seems like outside chains will come in and its random luck how they'll do(Krispy Kreme). Like In and Out Burger, being a west coast thing I have a suspicion that whenever they open the drive thru line will be a mile like as people go nuts for it. That happened in College Station, the cars were backed up out onto Wellborn Road and it was just insane how busy it was. It will be interesting to see what parts of town they pick for locations. My bet would be anywhere new and suburban, like Katy maybe? We'll see I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Dutch Bros. Coffee(wikipedia article, official website) is a chain of coffee shops that started in Oregon and has a large number of locations mostly on the West Coast and in parts of Mountain West. Basically it's a drive-thru only establishment similar to Sonic but without the awnings, though I'm pretty sure I've seen them with indoor dining areas. Who knows.

image from wikipedia

DB_GPDowntownstore.png

https://www.kxxv.com/brazos/dutch-bros-opens-its-very-first-texas-location-in-college-station

Story about them coming to Houston: https://houston.eater.com/2021/1/7/22218696/dutch-bros-houston-opening-five-locations-2021-2022-texas-expansion

College Station has 1 + 2 more in the area, Houston is getting about 5, Dallas-Fort Worth will have 10 locations, and one just opened in Killeen.

The opened their first location in Texas, actually the first east of the Rockies, in College Station a few weeks ago. I knew about the chain but had never actually been to one to get a drink before until deciding to give it a try while visiting my family who lives up there in CS. My rating for it would 5/5 stars, it was great. Their menu is superficially similar to Starbucks in prices and in that they have hot, iced, and blended coffee drinks plus a few non-coffee iced fruit beverages and some small basic food items like muffins. However unlike Starbucks they have vastly more selection of different flavors (like Banana Bread, Almond, etc) and combos and you get stronger drinks for less I think. They also have nitro coffee. The drink I got was an iced coffee drink, the espresso was better in my opinion(less burnt tasting). Also if you go there on the first of the month you can ask them to give you a collectable sticker/decal thing that's usually some kind of pop culture reference.

I think these will do well here, I now consider them to be much superior to Starbucks and Dunkin, honestly. Who knows. In our area it seems like outside chains will come in and its random luck how they'll do(Krispy Kreme). Like In and Out Burger, being a west coast thing I have a suspicion that whenever they open the drive thru line will be a mile like as people go nuts for it. That happened in College Station, the cars were backed up out onto Wellborn Road and it was just insane how busy it was. It will be interesting to see what parts of town they pick for locations. My bet would be anywhere new and suburban, like Katy maybe? We'll see I guess.

I'm waiting on a coffee chain to start offering coffee made with an aeropress.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to New Chain: Dutch Bros Coffee Coming To Houston/Rest Of Texas