Jump to content

3509 Harrisburg: Future Office With Retail


Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to 3509 Harrisburg: Future Office With Retail
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Is this a TOD street? lol jk

It looks like we’re seeing some of the design elements the city approved. 

Are you able to see the plans included in the permits? IDK how to pull that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ljchou said:

Are you able to see the plans included in the permits? IDK how to pull that.

No I'm basing it off the rendering. Nice wide sidewalks, with a portion dedicated to landscaping. I read about half way through the TOD/Walkable Places requirements the other day. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

No I'm basing it off the rendering. Nice wide sidewalks, with a portion dedicated to landscaping. I read about half way through the TOD/Walkable Places requirements the other day. 

found a map linked from here:

https://houstontx.gov/planning/tod-standards.html

map:

https://mycity.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=21c363261727416fb517977a27407df9

this location is indeed within one of the 'primary' zones for the TOD. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, samagon said:

found a map linked from here:

https://houstontx.gov/planning/tod-standards.html

map:

https://mycity.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=21c363261727416fb517977a27407df9

this location is indeed within one of the 'primary' zones for the TOD. 

Makes sense, given the close proximity to the Green Line’s Coffee Plant/Second Ward station.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yup, I did look at that map as I was at first curious about the green vs blue highlights, basically secondary vs primary TOD.

looks like blue is primary and only within a certain distance of the stations on rail lines. secondary extends much farther, but is still related to distance from a station.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, samagon said:

yup, I did look at that map as I was at first curious about the green vs blue highlights, basically secondary vs primary TOD.

looks like blue is primary and only within a certain distance of the stations on rail lines. secondary extends much farther, but is still related to distance from a station.

To ask the dumb question, what is the significance of a TOD designation? Extra walkway requirements?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as it relates to sidewalks, yes. found this.

https://www.houstontx.gov/planning/sidewalk-regulations.html

Quote

Q: What is a Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) street?

A: A TOD street is a public street designated as a primary TOD street or secondary TOD street on the Transit-Oriented Development Plan adopted by the Planning Commission. They are within ½ mile walking distance from an existing or future transit station.

Q: What is the sidewalk width requirement for streets within a TOD Street?

A: Primary TOD streets require 8-foot wide sidewalks. Secondary TOD streets require 6-foot wide sidewalks.

Q: What is the sidewalk width requirement for a major thoroughfare outside a TOD or WPP Street? 

A: 6 feet

Q: What is the sidewalk width requirement for a local street outside a TOD or WPP street?

A: 5 feet

Q: What is the sidewalk width requirement for developments within the Central Business District (CBD)? 

A: 8 feet

I'll guess there's other expectations around more than just sidewalks though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...