Harrisburg Lofts At 3506 Harrisburg Blvd.

Guest danax

These are the first of this style of townhouse that I've seen on the east end. Harrisburg Lofts

Hard to tell if these are just cheap versions of Urban Lofts but it's good to see a little touch of something, I don't know, are these considered artsy anymore? It's also good to see Harrisburg Blvd. get something like this, whereas for the past 75 years there's been nothing but industry and retail on it.

I think with the art community on Commerce street east of downtown slowly spreading further east and also the anticipation of the Harrisburg Metrorail line in 11', Harrisburg will slowly develop into a cool blvd.

Unfortunately, we're still in Houston. Right across from these townhouses, there's 17.5 acres cleared and under construction. With prime views of nearby downtown, I hoped something glamourous was in the works. I pulled up to the construction trailer and asked and they told me it's going to be Centerpoint Energy's warehouse complex...... <_<

I'd take Perry Townhomes over these. Sure, the Perry townhomes are generic, "mini shards of Sugar Land in the city" BUT, I'll take the brick over whatever the heck those things are made of.

• Like 1

These loft builders are going insane. 

They look horrendously out of place there.

*sigh*  More money than brains or more debt than brains?

They're actually a lot of townhomes going up around that area, these are just the first of the Galvalume style, and the first on Harrisburg. I found out these are 3 bdr, 2 bath, 2 car garage with stainless appliances from 199,900 to 210,000.

They may not say much to the eye but at those prices, their proximity to downtown and the space, they're likely to go pretty fast.

It's really what we've all been talking about in terms of the affordability. I just hope they and other developers don't think that the style needs to be funky/tacky/etc in order for affordability to be realized.

They're actually a lot of townhomes going up around that area, these are just the first of the Galvalume style, and the first on Harrisburg. I found out these are 3 bdr, 2 bath, 2 car garage with stainless appliances from 199,900 to 210,000.

I cannot imagine someone paying $210,000 for a friggen Public Storage locker? I can get one right on westheimer, climate controlled for $20.00 a month!

• 16 years later...

This is good news, we need more market rate SFHs and multi-family developments along this portion of Harrisburg. With the Coffee Plant stop nearby and new businesses (such as the new storefront for Giant Leap and White Rhino over on Milby) opening in the immediate vicinity, it was only a matter of time.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Did some more googling and InTownHomes recently sold this property to 107 HB LLC. The address maps to Houston Housing Financing Corporation (http://www.houstonhfc.com/)

The waste water review states the following "The anticipated used of the subject property will likely be high-density multi-family residential use."

Houston Eureka Investments, LLC is also listed on the form as the hiring party. Assuming this will be an affordable housing complex managed by Eureka and Financed by HHFC.

Edited by ljchou

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development At 3506 Harrisburg
1 hour ago, ljchou said:

Mark Dana Properties will be the builder per the new plat report: http://www.mark-dana.com/properties/texas-properties/

Anyone know how I can update the title to clarify this is a multifamily development? I made a few pages with just addresses and it's getting confusing.

Thanks

If you were the author of the post just linger your mouse pointer over the title and it will let you change it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily Development At 3506 Harrisburg Blvd
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...