Jump to content

New Gas Station - 3409 McKinney St.


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, samagon said:

maybe I've lived in the area long enough to accept the fate of what we've got, but Kroger, Fiesta and Phoenicia provide pretty much any single quick grab items, once a week we do a big haul at HEB on Washington, or 288.

the time you hit these stores also makes a big difference, I remember when I was in my 20s I'd look forward to going out with friends to bars on a Friday, or Saturday night, now I'm looking forward to an empty HEB.

Whole Foods in Midtown is also a godsend. It's almost always pretty empty and easy parking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, samagon said:

I remember when I was in my 20s I'd look forward to going out with friends to bars on a Friday, or Saturday night, now I'm looking forward to an empty HEB.

I can neither confirm nor deny this, but I can say that the chances of encountering a pallet jack at H-E-B on a Friday night are quite high, as that's when they tend to restock the aisles. :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

I can neither confirm nor deny this, but I can say that the chances of encountering a pallet jack at H-E-B on a Friday night are quite high, as that's when they tend to restock the aisles. :ph34r:

yes, and if the manager also wishes he was at 80s Night at Numbers, you get to shop to a great soundtrack. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

this project seems to have stalled.

meanwhile, other gas stations in the EE have opened.

Shell on Telephone and Wesley has been open since earlier this year. 

7-11 at 45 and Cullen just opened.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what the problem is with gas station construction. A Shell station on Old Spanish Trail and Fannin has been under construction for well over 2 years. The one on Houston Ave seems to have stalled and zero work done in over 6 months. I wonder if the permits for fuel storage tanks and pumps are just harder to get?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, samagon said:

this project seems to have stalled.

meanwhile, other gas stations in the EE have opened.

Shell on Telephone and Wesley has been open since earlier this year. 

7-11 at 45 and Cullen just opened.

 

2 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

It has definitely had a lot of delays - they were working on it last week - they buried another big tank

I have almost no knowledge about how these things work, but I know that there are specific state permits for underground petroleum storage tanks. Maybe some type of issue there? 

Edit: also, I bought an electric car and an ebike so I care less about the gas station now 😆 bring on those 3 tiny retail spots, though

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

ah, thanks. I don't drive by here every day, so I don't see the incremental movement.

if I remember correctly, they had some environmental remediation work they had to do at the very beginning? maybe there was some additional stuff they found when digging in the tanks? just guessing.

Edited by samagon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to New Gas Station - 3409 McKinney St.
On 5/17/2022 at 8:24 AM, wilcal said:

 

I have almost no knowledge about how these things work, but I know that there are specific state permits for underground petroleum storage tanks. Maybe some type of issue there? 

Edit: also, I bought an electric car and an ebike so I care less about the gas station now 😆 bring on those 3 tiny retail spots, though

I recently bought an ebike as well, its an awesome way to get around :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...