Gas Station At 3409 McKinney St.

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:08 PM, ljchou said:

842EB976-981E-4C7A-B678-71F36700B51A.jpeg

not to change the subject, but it's amazing that the RR just redid all of the crossings in this area (including the McKinney crossing) when the goal is to make the area a quiet zone, and as part of the quiet zone, they are going to completely redo all of these crossings, either by grade separation, or complete removal.

they certainly needed the love, but I figured they were just pushing maintenance considering the long term plans.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, samagon said:

not to change the subject, but it's amazing that the RR just redid all of the crossings in this area (including the McKinney crossing) when the goal is to make the area a quiet zone, and as part of the quiet zone, they are going to completely redo all of these crossings, either by grade separation, or complete removal.

they certainly needed the love, but I figured they were just pushing maintenance considering the long term plans.

Can you tell me more about the railroad plans? Or is there another thread?

44 minutes ago, wilcal said:

I spoke to one of Councilman Gallegos's assistants (maybe 3-4 months ago) who said the federal funding has dried up and they are not confident that they will be getting more any time soon. Some of the tracks in East End were converted, but sadly all of the crossing in EaDo will stay super loud.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wilcal said:

there was a thread from 2015, feels more recent than that, but it also feels like so much has happened since then.

DOC.jpg

the Commerce/Navigation part of this is supposed to be done in conjunction with the i45 realignment, so they are probably waiting on the whole project to happen, and actually the railroad may have given up on waiting?

DOC000.jpg

5 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

I spoke to one of Councilman Gallegos's assistants (maybe 3-4 months ago) who said the federal funding has dried up and they are not confident that they will be getting more any time soon. Some of the tracks in East End were converted, but sadly all of the crossing in EaDo will stay super loud.

oh wow, so we can forget the above ever happening. I wonder if the current infrastructure plan being put forth nationally changes any of that?

don't get me wrong, McKinney is my preferred location to cross that railroad track, so this project not happening is good for me.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, samagon said:

DOC000.jpg

oh wow, so we can forget the above ever happening. I wonder if the current infrastructure plan being put forth nationally changes any of that?

Based on what he said, the issue arises from the double sets of tracks along Sampson, York, and Milby. This makes the logistics and funding so far out of reach they are focusing on literally anything else. You would think they could do one half and then the other, but not much changes noise-wise after upgrading only half of the crossings.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 8:31 AM, phillip_white said:

Based on what he said, the issue arises from the double sets of tracks along Sampson, York, and Milby. This makes the logistics and funding so far out of reach they are focusing on literally anything else. You would think they could do one half and then the other, but not much changes noise-wise after upgrading only half of the crossings.

and I assume if they had community backing (or even support), they'd have more chance of it happening. as it is, I think there's more people who don't want it to happen because of the streets they will close, than there are people who do want it to happen because they don't like the noise.

I think most people in the East End would consider it a win if the trains didn't stop for hours blocking crossings. the crossings at Telephone and Lawndale are getting ridiculous with how frequently they force people to cut through neighborhoods. a few years ago it was maybe once a month, now we're talking a few times a week, and for hours at a time.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to 3409 McKinney - New Gas Station Development
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 3409 McKinney - New Gas Station
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...