72in. Water Line - Emancipation Ave. To Tuam St.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, hindesky said:

I wonder if this is part of the IH 45 realignment? They are doing some major pier drilling here. Maybe new bridges over IH59/69.

VC5EnkX.jpg

imx57Mb.jpg

The new bridges will be longer, but I think the new length will come from the other side where more ROW will be taken.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, hindesky said:

I wonder if this is part of the IH 45 realignment? They are doing some major pier drilling here. Maybe new bridges over IH59/69.

A lot of crumbling roads/utilities have been upgraded in Midtown/Downtown over the past 6-12 months; this is probably part of that work. It's crazy how much they have accomplished with the daily car count reduced due to covid.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Unloading some huge piping, looks to be 4'-5' width about 9 to 10 pieces so far, only saw one with a flange on it still on a truck. Wanted to talk to somebody but they were all busy. Tried looking up the contractor but they don't have a website but found several links about them. Farmer Foundation Drilling. I wonder if those are water pipes?

1tcbbeq.jpg

eEpim4f.jpg

vuKneyF.jpg

KxqAUuV.jpg

9jrFns4.jpg

lTioSr9.jpg

iK4Sz28.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to 72in. Water Line - Crawford to Mt. Vernon
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 8:52 PM, hindesky said:

Discovered what this project is all about. 72in. water main replacement from Crawford to Mt.Vernon in Montrose. This is going to right through my Audubon Place neighborhood eventually.

https://www.engagehouston.org/crawford-to-mt-vernon/widgets/18400/photos/6004

NnuJxgs.png

0ScKvS6.png

WSF9gHs.jpg

WqMmQ9j.png

The Crawford to Mt. Vernon project appears to start at Hamilton and Tuam, about a mile away from the subject Hamilton and Clay intersection.  Is there reason to think they are connected?

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 2:40 PM, Houston19514 said:

The Crawford to Mt. Vernon project appears to start at Hamilton and Tuam, about a mile away from the subject Hamilton and Clay intersection.  Is there reason to think they are connected?

Houston Public Works finally answered my question about whether the 72" water line in downtown will connect to the line in Montrose. Yes it will and then it will connect to points west of Mt Vernon to Richmond Ave @ Greenbriar St.

w2AvgLh.png

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 72in. Water Line - Emancipation to Tuam
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 72in. Water Line - Emancipation Ave. To Tuam St.