HAIF - Houston's original social media

4910 Montrose Boulevard purchased by Levcor.

1 hour ago, HNathoo said:

Looks like an entity tied to Levcor (address 7800 Washington Ave - suite 800) has purchased the old church at 4910 Montrose.

They seem to be retail development company, hopefully they do something tasteful. They also bought that property in the Heights that used to be Sand Dollar store on 18th and Yale.

https://levcor.com/projects#view=grid

2 minutes ago, hindesky said:

They seem to be retail development company, hopefully they do something tasteful. They also bought that property in the Heights that used to be Sand Dollar store on 18th and Yale.

https://levcor.com/projects#view=grid

Exciting! This little pocket is filling in nicely. I wonder if that Illuminati lodge across the street is next? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Interesting.  Hopefully Levcor is planning for this to be mixed-use and not strictly retail.  High-rise hotel, residential or both is perfect for this location.

I hope your right but if you look at their projects they have never done a high rise build only renovations to an existing building. Most of their stuff is big box retail. The Heights Sand Dollar building looks promising if it happens.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Interesting.  Hopefully Levcor is planning for this to be mixed-use and not strictly retail.  High-rise hotel, residential or both is perfect for this location.

Don’t think straight retail would pencil out given the land prices over here. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

If you were a betting man, what do you see going in this spot and when?

I don’t think capital markets are open to high rise apartment construction in Houston right now. Maybe they’ll go for historic tax credits and remodel the church into a high end restaurant or event venue? 

• Sad 1

Hmm, another Christian Science church goes away. Are they losing members quickly, or are the members moving to other areas. 4910 Montrose is a good sized facility that implies there were a number of members at some point in the past.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, HNathoo said:

I don’t think capital markets are open to high rise apartment construction in Houston right now. Maybe they’ll go for historic tax credits and remodel the church into a high end restaurant or event venue? 

I can see the possibility of a high end restaurant, especially with the fine dining restaurant slated to open just down the street in the new Nancy and Rich Kinder Building at MFAH. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ross said:

Hmm, another Christian Science church goes away. Are they losing members quickly, or are the members moving to other areas. 4910 Montrose is a good sized facility that implies there were a number of members at some point in the past.

Replying to my own question, Christian Science is dying. They are selling property all over the country, and membership is way down.