Houston Methodist Research Institute At 6670 Bertner Ave.

UrbaNerd

I like how it seems to flow off of the Cooley building from that angle.

For some reason, the people in the shot look photoshopped! :P

Edit: The building contains the following institutes and research centers.

- Cockrell Center for Advanced Therapeutics.
- Dagmar, Dow, Dunn Innovators in Translational Research.
- Jerold B. Katz Academy of Translational Research.

• Like 1

I was in that exact area yesterday. (Well, running around the UT Nursing School), but I parked in that huge garage behind ya. If you saw a guy in an orange shirt running to beat the light, with a girl, that was me.

I took a few photos from the garage, but I don't have my computer with me. The whole area is awesome, but it was so windy I got dust and leaves blown in my face.

• Like 1

My lab looks out from TCH over that area, so who knows, maybe I did see you at some point! I can see the intersection from one of the windows. I'm still a Rice PhD student but I'm doing my research at TCH so I spent a lot of time in the medical center lately.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The location of this building was a last minute decision. All along the TMH master plan called for the TWU property to be developed first as a new patient wing and then the old Main building would be razed. A research building would have then been built on the former Main building site. However, with the nasty divorce from Baylor, TMH needed a recruitment tool fast, so the research building was shoe horned in front of Main building on the iconic 1949 entrance driveway. The live oaks and circular drive that gave the campus an established look now just looks like "me too".

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...
  • The title was changed to Houston Methodist Research Institute At 6670 Bertner Ave.
  • 3 months later...